Risen 3 Blazing Oceans?

Moriendor

Excommunicado
RPGWatch Donor
News via World of Risen is that German multimedia firm Dluxe media revealed via their Facebook page that they have scored a contract which involves the creation of the soundtrack for "Risen 3: Blazing Oceans".

Real? Fake? Viral marketing?

We'll see but there you go...

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 195
Oooh interesting, I've been wondering what PB were doing. Now we just need a lot more info. A lot more!

Hopefully it's better than the last one.;) I mean it. I didn't hate it but it had flaws.

Hmm, here's hoping the third time's the charm. Now, I really liked both Risens - but they've yet to recapture the magic of the first Gothics.

Still love their style, though.

Crap.. accidentally deleted my post. Let's try this again…

Want to see something really weird?

This blog review of Risen 2, dated November 7th of last year, mentions Rising 3 “Blazing Oceans".

So either it's been a mostly well kept secret for nearly 4 months, or it's an elaborate hoax.

If true, I really hope they´ll take their time with this.

"Blazing oceans" sorta suggests that the ship will play a more substantial role in this one, I certainly wouldn´t mind manual map travel, sea combat and ship upgrading mechanic.
I also wouldn´t mind 3-4 big land maps designed in a good PB tradition and an uncharted seas area(s) where player can discover small islands randomly and/or via exploration/questing elsewhere :).
An please, no crappy combat in this one.

At any rate, hopefully PB will be able to live up to their and the setting´s potential this time.

ah crap! I really don't like pirates :-/ I don't mind if their is a nautical theme, but enough with the pirates already. sheesh. I still haven't finished Risen 2….I think I'll replay it from scratch at some point, but I agree with Dart: I think they are still missing the same Gothic feeling…

Yeah I really enjoyed Risen 1, but not so much the sequel. With a little luck they've learned a lesson and take more time with the third in the series. On my radar for sure, now.

-Carn

The name is all but irrelevant. They're the same people making the game they want to make.

The name is all but irrelevant. They're the same people making the game they want to make.

Well hopefully they remember what made Gothic good. Risen 2 wasn't bad but nothing like the previous games. Don't get me started on the DLC released either. Though that was the publishers fault for making it not optional for them.

I would love to see a reboot of Gothic, or even better, a continuation of that world after the events of Gothic 3 using a different hero. A prequel could be interesting as well.

Ideally, I'd like to see them continue Gothic and Risen simultaneously, but I'm not sure if Piranha Bytes has the manpower to do that.

Well hopefully they remember what made Gothic good. Risen 2 wasn't bad but nothing like the previous games. Don't get me started on the DLC released either. Though that was the publishers fault for making it not optional for them.

I agree it wasn't as good as their previous games - but I fail to see what that has to do with the name.

They're trying different things, just like they did with Gothic 3.

I have no special love of the name Gothic. I just love the PB style games.

I agree, there's nothing incredibly unique in either the Gothic or Risen settings - the unique feeling comes from PBs ability to construct game worlds.

In other words: Risen 2 set in the Gothic setting wouldn't magically improve the game.

I keep my fingers crossed! It would be great news!

Sorry for the bump.
What has changes since 2013? To Gothic and Risen I mean. I've been searching for the info on forums and the bulk of the threads are not accessible anymore. What is happening guys?

Back
Top Bottom