A good freeware Jump & Run game ?

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Hello, everyone,

I'm looking for a good freeware jump & run game for the PC,
does anyone of you know one or two ? Or maybe even more ? ;)

Are there any good ones[7i] around at all ?

A similar thing goes for platformers ... And yes, I already have SuperTux (quite a cute game ! ;) ).

Alrik

Thanks ...

Okay, I'll try that out ...

I have Star Wars Battlefront I for that, if you mean shooters as a game genre.

My favourite Jump & Run game against which I measure almost other games is Commander Keen.

Ah, Commander Keen. Good memories, good memories... :)

I asked about shooting, because I thought of Hurrican - an amazing remake of Turrican, but the game is really about shooting. A lot.

Hm, thanks, maybe I'll try it one day.
My feelings are mixed, but I had to shoot a lot within the very first Duke Nukem game, too. ;)

I've already downloaded that, thanks. ;)

I've got Jazz Jackrabbit ... Hm, maybe I should dig it out again ... Thanks for the reminder ! :)

It just came to my mind that Jump & Run games are rather "innocent" games. Not much violence, not much "dark & gritty" look & performance.

It occurred to me that this could be a symptome of the current shift in gaming towards much darker (and more mature, maybe) games that this rather "innocent" type of games has almost died out.

... Just a thought ...

By the way, I just realized that I should've posted this in the non-RPG area. If someone of the mods wants to move it there, I have nothing against it.

Just noticed that Atari brought out another JUmp & Run game - only for Wii, of course.

In their newsletter the only PC games are the "Demigod" game (just another strat game) and an weird-looking "action adventure" called "Void", clearly developed to cater the tastes of male gamers. Argh !

Back
Top Bottom