DA:Inquisition - New Interview & Trailer

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Blackpanel had the chance to interview Mike Laidlaw about Dragon Age: Inquisition.

As my time with Laidlaw came to end, I asked him to recall his somewhat unorthodox arrival in our fair country. Shortly after he landed, a customs officer asked him to prove his bona fides by identifying his favourite game of all time. After a brief moment of consideration, Laidlaw went with Star Control II. The official considered this to be a credible selection, which is fortunate, because it’s a long flight back to Canada. “I just hope whoever is in charge of immigration doesn’t hate Star Control,” Laidlaw mused. “That would be tasteless. That game is very good.”

If Laidlaw needed confirmation that there was still an audience out there patiently awaiting a new instalment of Dragon Age, he received it from the aforementioned customs official, who gave the series his personal seal of approval. He, along with everyone else, will be able to pick up a copy of the game for PC, as well as current and past gen consoles, when it arrives.
Bioware also released another trailer that focused on Varic this time.

Varric is a handsome and lovable dwarven rogue. He is as loyal as they come, and well-known for his stories of embellished proportion. Despite his jovial persona, few enemies live to regret crossing him. Those on Varric’s bad side are introduced to Bianca, his faithful crossbow. The threat will unite them… you will lead them.
More information.

I wish I liked Varic. I just… don't. Now I know how folks who hated Tali feel like after she was forced upon them for 3 games.

You could kill Tali in ME2 you know. Although, I personally thinking that siding with the Geth in ME3 is way more satisfying....

Also, if you hate Varric, Cassandra might be your soulmate!

You could kill Tali in ME2 you know. Although, I personally thinking that siding with the Geth in ME3 is way more satisfying….

Also, if you hate Varric, Cassandra might be your soulmate!

I actually loved Tali (well, not really, but I enjoyed her character). But there was a lot of anti-Tali hate that I never understood. So now, it seems Varic is very popular, yet I find him annoying and am now forced to use him, or at least have him around, for a 2nd straight game.

Cassandra for sure, unless she's evil. After that, I'll have to wait and see, because I'm not a fan of Iron Bull, either. Sera seems OK, and I'll need an archer. I'm also intrigued by Vivienne.

Yep, looks like my male tank will be surrounded by an all-female party again.

I actually loved Tali (well, not really, but I enjoyed her character). But there was a lot of anti-Tali hate that I never understood. So now, it seems Varic is very popular, yet I find him annoying and am now forced to use him, or at least have him around, for a 2nd straight game.

Cassandra for sure, unless she's evil. After that, I'll have to wait and see, because I'm not a fan of Iron Bull, either. Sera seems OK, and I'll need an archer. I'm also intrigued by Vivienne.

Yep, looks like my male tank will be surrounded by an all-female party again.

I was just pointing out that haters had opportunities to deal with their "frustration" in ME2 (and ME3).

As for Varric, I loved him in my first DA2 playthrough, then on subsequent playthrough he started to annoy me. So, I'm not really a fan of having him around for a second game either, but I can see why he is back. The cool thing is that I can see Cassandra getting pissed at him just as much as I will be. Yeah for in-game support!

I loath Iron Bull and Sera. Reviewers have also shown that I pegged these two really well before even playing the game.

I loath Iron Bull and Sera. Reviewers have also shown that I pegged these two really well before even playing the game.
Not sure what you mean by "pegged" but Kirk Hamilton from Kotaku seems to have enjoyed Iron Bull well enough...

Not sure what you mean by "pegged" but Kirk Hamilton from Kotaku seems to have enjoyed Iron Bull well enough…

Oh I expect many, many people are going to love the Bull. I just know that I won't.

Yeah, I don't get the Varric love.

He doesn't work for me.

I don't hate him, or even dislike him. But he falls very flat for me. Him being the narrator for DA2 worked well enough, and could have been enjoyable if you didn't have to hang around with him the whole game (more or less.)

But whatever. I don't get the Minsc love, either. Different people latch onto different things.

I did actually really like Tali, though, even as I understand why people could easily dislike the character (and especially react negatively to the overwhelming adoration a certain sect of players adorned her with.)

Bioware tends to over - do their characters.

That's a good way of putting it.

At least, this time I have Cassandra that will do all the signs of exasperation that my character can't do. Probably by over-doing it, but whatever.

Back
Top Bottom