Project: Gorgon - A Fluent First Look Video

D

Deleted User

Hi everyone!

In this 39-minute video, I take a look at an early alpha version of the Kickstarter MMORPG, Project: Gorgon! The video is a bit long and I don't use a script, so feel free to grab some popcorn and watch the fun unfold!

The game is an MMORPG in the vein of early MMORPGs, such as Asheron's Call and Everquest 1 & 2.

Hey everyone! In this exciting video I take a look at the upcoming MMORPG, Project: Gorgon.

Okay, you read that it's an MMO and want to stop reading. Well, don't! This is a true sandbox/open-world MMO that we haven't seen since the likes of Asheron's Call many years back! This is not your typical WoW clone or anything even close to that. This is a true explorer's dream game, so watch the video and see how unique and fantastic this fascinating MMORPG really is!

If you'd like to support their Kickstarter to make this game even better, you can go here and support them! - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/projectgorgon/project-gorgon-pc-mmo

You can also join the forums and find more information about their game here - http://projectgorgon.com/

Please support them! Check out the game yourself and see if this is something you would like. =)
Ciao!

More information.

This game is bit like matured intelligent woman you ignore in favour of a dumb blonde ;)

The reason why I say that is because I have been following the blog of Eric Heimburg (designer of this game) for many years and he has some excellent ideas for MMO. However due the outdated graphics, I can't even bothered to download and try the free game out!

This game is bit like matured intelligent woman you ignore in favour of a dumb blonde ;)

The reason why I say that is because I have been following the blog of Eric Heimburg (designer of this game) for many years and he has some excellent ideas for MMO. However due the outdated graphics, I can't even bothered to download and try the free game out!

That's outrageous.

The graphics are fine! The ideas behind the gameplay are outstanding. I'd play this game if it were using Commodore 64 graphics! =)

Seriously, the graphics look nice enough in 1080p. Waiting for UI scaling to play in 4K, but it looks nice enough to be enjoyable. Give it a try, you may really like it. =)

That is a no brainer. Pick the mature intelligent woman. I don't know why people haven't seen through the facade that somehow when it comes to woman the only important factor is looks. Is that how you would pick a plumber, or an attorney, or a financial manager? Or President?

The non-Warcraft graphics are one of the main appeals to this game. I prefer to see a game that doesn't look like a colouring page in a child's book. I'd be playing this right now except that I've sponsored the kickstarter and I'm waiting for the full release, preferring to not spoil myself ahead of time.

Carnifex, I 100% agree about the graphics. As I said clearly in the video, this game is NOT a World of Warcraft clone. Far, far from it.

I also think Asheron's Call still looks great, even today, but this game is quite nice looking as well. It has a strong Asheron's Call feel with other elements that I've never really seen before in a game (such as the myriad of skills the player can discover, and the hidden nature of most of the items and skills in the game). Great stuff thus far.

Fluent! I'm going to try to be nice this time! I watched some of it...but I'm not an MMO guy. So that's all. :)

PS: your microphone recording level is very high, in case you don't know. This results in a bit of distortion in your audio, which gets a bit tiring on the ears. I might suggest lowering the recording level, or move the microphone slightly away, or ideally get a better mic. Your voice doesn't come across with clarity with your current mic/volume setup. Disclaimer: my videos also have clipping and distortion issues, which caused me to purchase a better condenser mic...which hopefully will help when I resume making videos.

I played this game for about a week or two last summer and I really enjoyed it. Will wait a bit and try it again at release or close to release.

I did not know it was on kickstarter. I will have to throw them a little something.

Fluent! I'm going to try to be nice this time! I watched some of it…but I'm not an MMO guy. So that's all. :)

PS: your microphone recording level is very high, in case you don't know. This results in a bit of distortion in your audio, which gets a bit tiring on the ears. I might suggest lowering the recording level, or move the microphone slightly away, or ideally get a better mic. Your voice doesn't come across with clarity with your current mic/volume setup. Disclaimer: my videos also have clipping and distortion issues, which caused me to purchase a better condenser mic…which hopefully will help when I resume making videos.

I just checked my recording volume. For some odd reason, it was at 70, when I had it previously set at 40. At 40, the mic doesn't clip at all, even when I get excited and talk louder. At 70, it does clip. So, I'll have to make sure my volume is set properly before recording next time.

Thanks for the feedback. I do think the mic I'm recording with sounds pretty good, though. It's worlds better than the headset mics I've tried using. I will definitely save up and buy something even nicer, though. Perhaps a Blue Yeti.

I played this game for about a week or two last summer and I really enjoyed it. Will wait a bit and try it again at release or close to release.

I did not know it was on kickstarter. I will have to throw them a little something.

Yep, and it looks like it will hit its goal and then some. =)

Single-player RPG fans, don't sleep on this one. It's free to try and play, so give it a shot. Of course, you're going to see other gamers running around in your game world, but the discovery aspect is there and there is a lot to see and do. I'm not really a big MMO guy myself, but when a game like this comes out, I definitely have to give it a shot, because it's basically Asheron's Call (a game that I love) meets some wacky, weird new game with a LOT of unique thoughts.

Example. I gained favor with an NPC in the starter cave and received and Autopsy Kit. Okay, now I can perform autopsies on dead creatures. So, I start trying to autopsy corpses I see and botch most of the autopsies, but my skill in Autopsy continues to go up. Eventually, I'm able to successfully autopsy a skeleton corpse, and what do you know, I learn a new skill - Undead Anatomy (or something similarly named). Now, the more undead bodies I autopsy, the higher my skill in Undead Anatomy will go up, all the while bestowing special perks as I level up the skill higher. I will be able to better fight undead creatures and could even gain special skills, simply by using the skill and getting better at it.

It's a weird game, for sure, but it's very unique and cool. Check it out, even if my preview video isn't the greatest (I didn't do it justice, I know that). =)

I backed it. I don't care for playing as a cow, but the skill-based system is interesting. I want to see where it goes. I have an academic interest in game mechanics, particularly for MMOs. This game is a rare specimen.

Another game I'm digging right now is Villagers and Heroes. Despite the cartoonish look, it has some depth, and some old school mechanics I like. The storyline quest on the starter island is engaging, you can do all crafting and gathering skills, power-ups, boss mobs for more exp/loot, daily freebies, etc. Still an MMO. Still doing quests. But fun.

Back
Top Bottom