Divinity 2 Day & Night

TheMadGamer

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
Are there day/night cycles in this game? Or is it always going to be daytime?

Yes it is, always daytime. True adventurers don't need to sleep!! :)

Even to have constructed day and nightime cycles into Div-2 would have given an over superficial reality as there are no specific linked (time enabled) quests. Also in an unrealistic true fantasy style the Div-2 dragons never sleep, even a saved game is made while dragons are 'on the wing' - to have dragons flying at night time in darkness would have been catastrophic - especially in locations such as Kali's flying fortress . . and others.

Yes ... no day night cycle. I'm sure there are great reasons for it, but at this point in time it does seem rather silly.

Personally for this particular game it is preferable to have no cycles and the added problems of darkness to contend with. The caves and dungeons are enough dark atmosphere for me....I could see me flying around in that game at night and hitting the side of a hill or building. ;)

Personally for this particular game it is preferable to have no cycles and the added problems of darkness to contend with. The caves and dungeons are enough dark atmosphere for me….I could see me flying around in that game at night and hitting the side of a hill or building. ;)

There are ways around that ... they could have worked a bit harder rather than just dumping the concept.

There are ways around that … they could have worked a bit harder rather than just dumping the concept.

Why make it if there is no need for it? Many RPG's dont have day/night cycles, include new games like Dragon Age, Mass Effect 2, Demon's Soul and Boarderland, just to mention a few I have played.

I assume Dragons have some kind of night vision (they do in most fantasy settings at least), so it would be cool to have day/night cycle like in Gothic/Risen. Still, it's not a huge loss.

Day and night cycles just add to the immersion factor. It's not a huge thing. But it's odd that it is missing from this game.

Back
Top Bottom