Graywalkers - Races Kickstarter Update

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Dreamlords Digital's posted the next update for Graywalkers: Purgatory with news on the various races in the game. The game still needs $12,000 to get funded.

We're now at 67% and we still have 10 Days to go. Thank you to those who have increased their pledges and started getting some of the Add-Ons. Your support has been much appreciated. For the backers who have just joined us, Welcome to the Graywalkers to all of you.

As you all know we're closing in our deadline. We really need everybody to start rallying and continue to spread the word around more passionately. The success of this campaign truly depends heavily on you guys. Tell your friends and family that there's this cool game that you would like to see happen and maybe they would like to check it out.

Also, we hope some of you who have pledged would increase their pledges and avail of many of the rewards at the higher tiers. If you have any suggestions as to what you guys want to see as additional rewards, please let us know.
More information.

I like these hybrid classes - something new, interesting and different.

Don't know if I'll like it but I definitely want to see it. :)

I would really like to see it. But at that point I am not sure how they can do that with this little money. In the FAQ they are mentioning that they will do the game in any case. But to me it sounds risky. And while for backers it's great that the "add ons" are cheap, they hardly make any money from the physical stuff. Even if they finish with 40k they will probably just get 10-20k for the actual development.

Well, I am going to add something anyways and hope for the best.

I would really like to see it. But at that point I am not sure how they can do that with this little money. In the FAQ they are mentioning that they will do the game in any case. But to me it sounds risky. And while for backers it's great that the "add ons" are cheap, they hardly make any money from the physical stuff. Even if they finish with 40k they will probably just get 10-20k for the actual development.

Dreamlords mentioned somewhere that they have been approached by a few people who are interested in investing in the game's development... So this kickstarter is partly to convince the potential investors that there is a market for this game. In a way, I think the total number of backers is actually more important than whatever dollar amount they end up raising. Whatever they can raise helps of course, but it won't be their only source of funding. If the KS is successful with over 1,000 backers that should convince their investors that they wouldn't just be throwing their money away. Also, don't forget they're planning to put the beta on Steam Early Access, so they'll have additional funds coming in from that, too.

Thanks for the support Kordanor. Actually, the physical stuff are cheap as well, even the bags and stuff because the items are made by my family's company so we're getting those at cost. By my estimates, we will probably end up with about $30-$35K. The biggest advantage we have is that our development studio is in the Philippines where labor costs are 1/5th of its international counterpart. Right now, we have a development team of 10 (1 game designer, 2 programmers, 2 2d artist (concept, GUI, etc), 2 3d artist, 1 producer, 1 music composer and 1 sound engineer, mix of full time and part time). We don't need resources to fund these guys, we need the funds to get more people to bolster this team. We can do the game with this team but obviously it will take much longer due to the ambitious nature of our project. And lastly is the potential to convince our investors to put in more money. Thanks again for having faith in us despite the risk.

Back
Top Bottom