Might & Magic VI - The Mandate of Heaven

Is there any defense against booby-trapped crates? Yesterday I had finally managed to clear most of the monsters around Sorpigal, and was starting to explore around some building outside of town, when my entire party was instantly wiped out after I clicked on one.

Last edited:
There's a skill you can buy. IIRC, you have to visit the Buccaneer's Bar between 6pm and 6am to purchase that skill.

That said, there's one killer crate around town. Even with the skill, iz gonna hurt bad.

There is a little 'cheat' at the beginning of the game which allows you to quickly raise your stats by making use of a hidden Fly scroll. Let us know if you wish to learn more!! :)

If you burn that scroll for stats, it gets much more interesting getting an air expert. You have to hope another scroll shows up in a shop somewhere, yes?

Or find that Air Master NPC that can cast the spell once a day. There's also another teacher somewhere...*consults ten year old notes* ah yes...there's one in Free Haven. So basically you'll have to wait to advance to expert Air Magic til you get there if you use the scroll as Corwin is tempting you to. (It's a rush and a half making that run, but you'll come out levels ahead and have a game's worth of empty potion bottles as well. Plus you get to see the 3DO offices staffed by goblins.)

Fly requires expert air. That's why that scroll is pretty important (assuming you don't want to wait until getting to Free Haven like magerette mentioned). It's the way out of the chicken-n-egg loop New World put in.

You had me go all the way to Free Haven to get the Fly Spell now :)
I wasen't supossed to go there yet. But, I got it now and can use flying while being Normal in Air Magic, got 5 in that skill.
The difference between Normal and Expert is that it last 5 min per skill for Normal and 10 min for expert.

I think it was first in mm7 that they introduced requirements for spells.

Hmm, well now I've got to go check my notes... Apology probably headed your way soon.

Yes, there are 2 expert teachers for each skill.

You can normally stand at the corner below the air master's door in New Sorpigal and the 3D-clipping will allow you to see through the floor/ceiling and click on the door. That's what I do, and I never use the fly scroll to cheat/exploit. I just use the game's bad 3D to cheat instead :) I want Sparks at expert level ASAP.

Almost forgot to check. You are 100% correct. MM6 lets you cast any spell you can get your hands on as long as there's no class restriction.

There are 2 expert trainers and 1 master trainer for every skill. A lot of them are in New Sorpigal or Free Haven.

aaa flying and throwing meteor shower never gets old, makes the game a tad bit easy though, but it really was a lot of fuuuuun!

Honorary Archmage is good enough.

where does it end?

This is a game of levels.
My group ranges from 38 to 40 with about 20 to 25 percent of the game completed.
So to those who have completed this epic, tell me how many levels you had obtained.

That seems awful high to me. I'll check my notes when I get home, but I think my crews generally finished in the mid-60's. I'm a complete-ist and a map mower, so you shouldn't be getting too much more experience than I did.

How did you determine you're at the 25% mark?

Back
Top Bottom