Arcanum Character creation

For melee types, yes, because they get XP for every single hit. Techies and mages still tended to cap out, but much closer to the end. I hit the cap about 2/3 of the way thru with my sword brute. There's a user mod out there that removes the cap if you're worried about it.

Hmm, I played through once as a Mage with maxed persuasion for a full size party. Temporal spells were great fun, but Harm was the winner hands down.

I almost replayed it right away with a gunslinger explosives expert, but one thing led to another.... Explosives are VERY entertaining. ;)

I basically would like to play a thief. Any tips on that? Is it doable to play a hybrid thief/mage? If I play a thief and steal/pickpocket a lot, will I automatically be aligned evil? Does chosing the evil path block you out of a lot of quests? I've also read that the number of NPC followers depends on my Charisma rating. How does that work and how many points should I put in Charisma if I want to play with a good amount of followers.

Any tips on that? - save and reload :D
Is it doable to play a hybrid thief/mage? - yes magical items can give small boosts the thieving skills, take the open lock spell and leave the skill alone would be my advice
If I play a thief and steal/pickpocket a lot, will I automatically be aligned evil? - there's no morality hit you can be a sticky fingered saint
Does chosing the evil path block you out of a lot of quests? - dont remember off hand
how many points should I put in Charisma if I want to play with a good amount of followers - I think its 1 follower for every 4 points

Persuasion expert +1 follower :)

Back
Top Bottom