Gothic 3 Gothic 3 CP 1.7 Released

I finished my 1.7 playthrough! I didn't really mean to - it just kind of pulled me in. Fantastic early/mid game, peters out a bit toward the end. City liberations just don't work all that well... and did anyone really like Nordmar?

Roll on G4 and Risen :)

I finished my 1.7 playthrough! I didn't really mean to - it just kind of pulled me in. Fantastic early/mid game, peters out a bit toward the end. City liberations just don't work all that well... and did anyone really like Nordmar?

What was it that you didn't like about city liberations? Was it the difficulty? I'm just curious, I haven't had time to play much of 1.7 yet.

I think there's an intrinsic silliness about freeing a city by a single person clicking through everyone in it. 30 fights in a row aren't all that much fun either. There are a few missions to involve the slave population, and a few to involve nearby rebels or nomads, but the former achieve little (since NPCs don't really harm each other) and the latter were also bugged for me in some cases. Rebels around Montera would take up fighting stances, but not move toward the city for example. Likewise Nomads at Bakaresh... It was ok, and some of it them were enjoyable, but a missed opportunity IMO. The PC should have been coordinating/inspiring/leading attacks, not single-handedly murdering entire garrisons. I also think 'diplomatic' options would have worked better than a 'military' approach for some cases...

The improved combat helps... but I got the feeling that all enemies made a beeline for you when your attack started (which I think is different from previously - could be wrong.) This meant basically that the enemy 'came to me' and I didin't get a sense of fighting through the cities themselves...

I wouldn't want to overstate it. Basically the last couple of cities in Myrtana and Verant were a bit of a non-event - I was overpowered and nothing very intersting was going to happen. The earlier ones were actaully pretty enjoyable :)

I never went back to try and find the final orc-group in Nordmar, as its confusing geography/restricted view/repetitive textures meant it didn't seem worth the effort... Sorry Nordmar :)

there is a version 1.72 here but doesn't mention what was changed. does anyone here knows about this?

there is a version 1.72 here but doesn't mention what was changed. does anyone here knows about this?
Nothing,it's just 1.70 and 1.71 combined.

I bought Gothic 3 after the 1.12 patch came out and gave up on it fairly quickly. It seemed like it had a lot of promise, it was just way too rough in regards to performance and combat.

The 1.7 patches have dramatically improved the game. It's a real shame more people won't get to enjoy it because of all the bad press it's received. It's still not perfect, but its close enough that it's quite enjoyable to play.

This is the only Gothic game I've played, but I am now very interested in what comes next (either from JoWood or Pirahna Bytes).

@dholk, you definitely ought to give the earlier Gothics a spin, then. The graphics are uglier and the control scheme... not better, but as game experiences they're better.

Does this patch come with the official patches? Or do i need to download those first? Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom