Chaos Chronicles - February Screenshots

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Six new screenshots have been made available for Chaos Chronicles, which can be viewed in our gallery.

More information.

Wow, I love that graphical style. Kinda looks like Inquisitor but more imaginative. Really nice.

Any word on how interactive the world is going to be?

This look amazing. Every screenshot I've seen for this game looks great, really nice graphic style (not to mention the hex grid and turn based combat in the video they released a few months back!). Just hoping to hear something about good ol' choice and consequence, but yeah its looking very exciting. Equally as exciting as the two big kickstarter games to be honest.

I sure can't fault their graphics; the attention to detail is superb. Hopefully, the other aspects of the game are on par.

I mean look at those roofs! Brings me back to the good times when rpgs looked hand painted (baldur's gate, icewind).
And how about those trees? They look so good!

I will say it again. The more I see the more interesting the game becomes.:)

I mean look at those roofs! Brings me back to the good times when rpgs looked hand painted (baldur's gate, icewind).
And how about those trees? They look so good!

I really really miss the 2D hand painted graphics, still dont think any 3D games have looked as good. This looks pretty good for 3D though definitely interested in this game.

I have been getting excited whenever I read anything about this game for the last half year or so... I will definitely pre-order this one just to support hard work the devs put in. I hope the quests+story will be at least good and that the game will have good atmosphere as well. Thanks for the new screenshots.

I really really miss the 2D hand painted graphics

If you mean his examples (Baldur's Gate and IW) those games werent hand painted, for the most part they used 3D rendered images.

I think it's pretty nice that we now have games that actually looks better and in realtime 3D. I really like the news screens :)

That has to be some of the best looking water I've even seen in a game.

Remains to be seen since we havent seen it in motion, looks good in a screenshot though, i agree.

So fucking hyped for this. And it pretty much came out of nowhere.

Edit: I can't stop looking at screnshot no. 5. Although all of the elements are different, and it clearly has a much more rural feel, it is so deliciously reminiscent of the Old Camp in Gothic.

It looks lovely indeed, I wonder whether the camera angle can be rotated or zoomed in and out, to a degree? Even if not, it looks good, and it should be a fun play when it's released.

The character models do look a little blocky around the edges, but maybe that's just me; I'm sure they'll receive further polishing up — it would be great to see animation of the environment in video-clips, too, as Bob Ross would say, "There's all sorts of little movers and do'ers in there" :biggrin:

The character models do look a little blocky around the edges, but maybe that's just me; I'm sure they'll receive further polishing up — it would be great to see animation of the environment in video-clips, too, as Bob Ross would say, "There's all sorts of little movers and do'ers in there" :biggrin:

The character, creature, and tree models cast shadows, but they don't appear to shadow themselves. That makes the models look a little less realistic than they could. But possibly that will be a viewing option you can turn on; it'll no doubt be processor intensive to render in real time.

Back
Top Bottom