Steam - Summer Sale

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Steam has kicked off a Summer Camp Sale with daily deals and other discounts. I can't see anything compelling at the moment but here's the RPG section (scroll through the banner) with Daggerdale down to $10 and Fable III, The Witcher 2, Dungeons, DA2 and M&B: With Fire and Sword attracting 25-33% discounts.
More information.

The whole JoWood catalog is 50% off. Drakensang is 66% off, Drakensang: River of Time 50% off, DLC 50% off... where's my wallet? Wait a sec, I still haven't finished all the games I got over winter's sale!

X3:TC is 50% off, as is the superbox. They've got some deal with getting achievements and unlocking a new sector, too.

75% off Gratuitous Space Battles

Only 33% off Dungeons - I didn't know there was DLC for that!

I'm not seeing any sale on Dragon Age 2?

Oblivion for $6.80

Mount and Blade Vengeance Fire and all that $10

edit: oops - now up to $8.60

Oblivion for $6.80

edit: oops - now up to $8.60

I don't know about US pricing but both is probably right ;) . In Europe it's EUR 6.80 for the regular GOTY edition and EUR 8.50 for the GOTY Deluxe edition (the latter includes all expansions and DLC and the former "only" Knights of the Nine and Shivering Isles). I'd guess that it is about the same in the US.

Witcher 2 - Is still more expensive than prior to region pricing.
Drakensang - Damn you region lockout!

Pretty keen on getting Spectromancer though at 75% off (a CCG game, not rpg). Might have a look at Dwarfs as well.

Just picked up Drakensang2 + DLC for $15.
Drakensang 2 has been on several really good sales in the past year (or so), but they've always excluded Europe, which I thought would have been their prime customer base. The English version has been very hard to get in Europe. Steam, Gamersgate, Impulse all do not offer Drakensang 2 to European customers at all (sale on no). The brick and mortar stores do not have it either. The game is pretty much a "no show" for me. The developers made some really bad distribution deals for Drakensang 2, that's for sure. No wonder they went under. (Yes, a bit uncalled for, but this issue frustrates me to no end.)

Now you can jump at the chance to increase your backlog with games you're not really too interested in! ;)

I already have pretty much all the titles I'd want from this sale, but I'm gonna grab that deluxe Oblivion GOTY edition. I don't even know if those extra DLC are worth a damn, but there's not much to lose at that price.

Now it's official: It's not just women who love to waste money on sales!

Woman do it when they go shopping, and men do it online!

;)

i take it you're not married…

i'm tempted to pick up the longest journey and dreamfall ($6 for both) as it's been years since i played them and they both have many many discs. i highly recommend them to those who haven't played them even if your not into adventure games. no first person find the hidden crap bs here

Magicka is $3.39 today. yeesh! Complete pack is $8.50.

plants vs zombies $3.39 too.

Last edited:
It's taking every ounce of willpower I have to not buy Shogun:Total War at the steam sale. I wont play it today, or tomorrow. Probably wouldnt actually play it in earnest for 6 months.

Must be strong.. will be 19.99 when you'll really play it..

The boxed version of Shogun is £14.99 on Amazon.co.uk right now, and around that on Play too. The Steam price is fairly crap.

the steam sale was on friday for $25 (hardly crap)- now its only 33% which i would agree isn't a good sale price as most places you could preorder it for around that price. its a great game but strangely the total war game i've played the least of save napoleon which i've never played. total war games are such a time sink that for me is best played when there's not so many other games on my backlog or new releases.

Back
Top Bottom