The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Okay, thanks. :)

Does anyone know what these few recent hotfixes were actually about ?

We have noticed that hirelings are working right for one thing. They no longer act aggressive when you have them on defend.
I imagine the rest are just small bug fixes people have reported post update 12.

Most likely stomping out bugs introduced by Update 12. I can't think of a single update that came out that didn't break something. Turbine's QA hasn't been nominated for any awards...

Okay, thanks.

I think I'lltry out a hireling for the very fist time, for the quest "rest for the restless", that is.

I became stuck and noticed through research that this is actually a quest for at least 2 people, due to a switch.

Nice ! :)

I just found out that the woman whom I had talked with at the Games Com had actually written nots on the event !

Here is her blog entry : http://my.ddo.com/tolero/2011/08/28/gamescom-2011/

I found it only a few minutes ago, so I haven't read everything yet …

And this is a language-related blog she links to in her forum entries (I'm reading her Hirelings Primer through) : http://denglischmebaby.wordpress.com/

Edit : She (Tolero is her name on the forums) seems to be very much interested into language - as I am as well ! I'll keep her blogs in mind for further reading ... ;)

Ah yes, KA. It definitely needs a little co-ordination to be successful!! In that quest, Firewall is your friend. :)

I have tried it two times so far and failed each time.

I have. At level. Mirys and Aerii both. For that matter, all of my characters save Ijii have soloed Proof is in the Poison at level as well. And Mirys soloed Devil Assault at level.

There has been a Pathfinder Online MMO announced. While that may not seem like much to y'all, there is the game rules; D20SRD, which is the open gaming license version of D&D3.5e, which, in turn, is what DDO uses.

So technically, we are looking at three D&D based MMOs soon; Neverwinter (4E) DDO (3.5e) and Pathfinder (3.5e).

Also, double bonus points for DDO. Through the 28th.

It can be solo'd quite nicely, although casters like Corwin will really struggle. The trick is not to overextend. A pocket healer (cleric hireling) will take quite a bit of the pressure off as well. Keep in mind that the kobolds will come to you, so stay in the fort and knock them down (there's actually a strategy where you camp on the spawn point, but I wouldn't recommend it for a new player). As soon as you see a shaman, kill him, even if you have to go to the fort gate to do it. Those are the only critters that are really much of a threat.

On a completely different topic, since TP's are on super special right now and "Woods' are 20% off, I've TR'd my Sorc into a Ranger. Level 1 on Korthos waiting for the rest of you to TR!! :)

I have. At level. Mirys and Aerii both. For that matter, all of my characters save Ijii have soloed Proof is in the Poison at level as well.

I had killed half of the attackers of that assault quest when I had to give up / my character was killed by some throwers/magic users.

I have played "Proof is in the poison" solo this week, only being "guarded" by a Cleric hireling/henchwoman. Who saved me a few times, but got killed within a pool of poison herself - this was the very first time I had to save a henchwoman by carrying her soulstone to an altar. And, besides, this quest was the third one I had finished with her. Before that, I had done "Frehen The Air" and before that "Rest For The Restless" - which can't be done solo because of a certain switch, I had found out. Which was the reson in the first place to try out a hireling.

As soon as you see a shaman, kill him, even if you have to go to the fort gate to do it. Those are the only critters that are really much of a threat.

Yeah. I had learned that, too. Shamans and Throwers.

I almost soloed Kobold Assault with my level 4 Paladin without a hireling a long time ago. (I was close to the end and a shaman killed me)

You can get hirelings to activate switches for you by making them stand ground and you keeping the lever or switch locked in your target window. There is the rub, cause if you end up loosing that lever targeted you have to go all the way back to set it agaim. If you can clear out a path from one to the other and no spawns mess you up it will work. Only a few quests let you do that.

Next time I can log in and see you on, or you see me, I have a few lowbies I can run it with anyone who needs. I miss people logging in often times so you do have to get my attention. ;)

You can get hirelings to activate switches for you by making them stand ground and you keeping the lever or switch locked in your target window.

I did already so, because "Rest for the Restless" demands exactly that, if you do this quest alone.

Next time I can log in and see you on, or you see me, I have a few lowbies I can run it with anyone who needs. I miss people logging in often times so you do have to get my attention. ;)

Okay, I'll keep that in mind ! ;) :)

Now I found out that crafting is a whole science/world in itself !

Why don't offline games have this extensive sort of crafting available ?

I - finally ! - managed to bind a few shards and create a cape which gives me +2 poison saving throws …

What I want to find out now is whether it is possible to get several effects into one thing at a time …
And whether my suspicion is right that I can't craft +2 weapons because my level in terms of crafting is too low …

And last : I finally tried out a tiny "guild enhancement crystal" or how these crystals are called ... I was a bit disappointed that they'll disappear after several hours ... I had hoped they'd be permanent ...

For those of us who wish to TR: TR hearts of all sizes are 20% off. This is in addition to double bonus points for TP purchases.

Fireflash has her heart for the eventual TR, just needs massive amounts of Shroud mats to finish a set of lit II khopeshes, a build, and 1 Large %&*! Shrapnel to finish her T3 HP cloak. I also want the Hound Bracers at the least, and possibly the matching shield as well.

I don't remember what our final decision was--are we on for tomorrow? I'm available if we are.

Back
Top Bottom