Pricewatch!

The Steam wintersales have begun. At the moment Dark Souls 2 and Styx are greatly reduced in price.

I wanted to Buy DS 2 but did look in the forums first. Beware. It seems that there will be a new upgraded rerelease of the game named Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin with new DX11 graphics, 6 player multiplayer, new enemys, new story content and all the DLC included. If you own the game now you will get an upgrade patch but you will not get all new features and no updated graphics. It seems that you won't be able to play with players of the rerelease. So if you want all the new content you will have to buy the game again. And if you do so you won't be able to import your character. I just glanced the forum so I don't know how much will be changed. Does anybody know?

I wanted to buy this game for some time and I thought the wintersales would be ideal to pick it up but I don't want to buy an inferior version of the game. At the moment I'm undecided...

GOG has a Nordic Games Sale. Gothic, SpellForce, Painkiller, The Guild, other back catalog titles.

This time you don't have to buy bundles to get a good price. Most of the single games are cheap. This is your chance to fill up the holes in your collection DRM free.
After the sale Nordic's games will be removed from GOG again!

Time is running out for the Meridian 4 sale at Groupees. Lots of French adventure games in there, and a couple of action-RPGs. Effectively you're paying ca. 0.3$ per game. Less if you choose more games.

GOG has a Nordic Games Sale. Gothic, SpellForce, Painkiller, The Guild, other back catalog titles.

This time you don't have to buy bundles to get a good price. Most of the single games are cheap. This is your chance to fill up the holes in your collection DRM free.
After the sale Nordic's games will be removed from GOG again!

The Guild (I played The Guild 2: Renaissance) is a surprisingly entertaining open RPG. I had fun with it for a few days, and the price ($1.99) can't be beat.

Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines is 75% off for 12 hours (comes to $5 in the USA). Endless Legend is half off, too.

Everything Saints Row is 75% off. You can get the whole franchise (minus the first Saints Row which never showed up on PC) for $13.74!

Hmm... Divinity: Original Sin is in today's Steam sale. Only 33% off, though, so it's still not cheap.

Hmm… Divinity: Original Sin is in today's Steam sale. Only 33% off, though, so it's still not cheap.
That sums up Valve's entire sale pretty much this winter, disappointingly low discounts. Worse GOG rarely gets anything new and interesting any longer so every sale I get :( .

OTOH that brazilian site nuveem has tons of steam stuff at pennies on the dollar. Dunno if Valve is region locking by key or not though and I haven't been brave enough to experiment.

Hmm… Divinity: Original Sin is in today's Steam sale. Only 33% off, though, so it's still not cheap.

And for only 33% off it's #1 on Steam's bestseller list. ;) This game is earning Larian some serious money.

Last edited:
I decided to spoil myself and got DOS, since I'm hankering for a new RPG and figured it wasn't likely to drop much more than that.

The sale's been pretty disappointing so far, but I suppose it's keeping me from spending too much.

Banner Saga is 75% off on Steam at the mo. That's my biting point.

Yeah, I've heard very good things about Wolfenstein, and from folk quite jaded by FPSs.

Back
Top Bottom