Age of Decadence - September Update

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Iron Tower has posted their September update, with Vince announcing he has quit full-time work to focus on AoD, as well as details of their current work such as Alchemy, more quests and changes to the combat systems. There is also a sample of two dialogue sequences. A snip:
Best gift ever.

Yesterday was my birthday. Today is my first day as a 42-year old guy and my first day as a free man. I quit my job. No, it's not a mid-life crisis, it's about commitment. I want to spend the next 6 months (or so, it's not a deadline) being focused on nothing but the game and thoroughly enjoying each day. Yes, I'm well aware that the game probably won't sell a lot.

Alchemy

The alchemy is almost ready. We'll be starting a beta test next week. Crafting was about adding numbers to weapon's and armor's stats. Alchemy brings something very different to the table and it will give you different ways to approach combat. I know that many of you have grudges against the Aurelian guards who killed you a dozen or so times with extreme prejudice, which made you feel small and angry. Imagine how good it's gonna be to come, holding a black powder clay bomb, throw it at them and yell "Konichiwa, bitches!"
More information.

Brave move by VD to quit his job and pursue his passion - I hope it pays off.

I think it is safe to say that the good ol' Obersturmbannfuhrer has quite some stash under his feet, because his RL job was well paid AFAIK. He once posted on the Codex thathe passed the 50k a year line about 10 years ago.

A bold move nonetheless.

A bold move nonetheless.

Indeed. Just because somebody had a decent income doesn't necessarily mean he had savings. Michael Jackson managed to go bankrupt on an income of many millions a year -- it's impossible to make so much money that you can't spend it all on *something*.

It appears that Vince may have decided to spend his on AoD, and I hope it works out better for him than the parallel decision did for Curt Schilling.

Good news, maybe now this game will come out in my lifetime!!! :)

Back
Top Bottom