Frayed Knights - The Manual: Spells, Part 2

"Power Word: Defenestrate"

I like that one!!! :)

I do too. It's my favorite. Not particularly exciting as far as game effect is concerned, but an amusing visual.

So, can characters get all those spells in FK1? Is FK2 going to be a continuation in which you can import your old party or will you start a new party at level 1? Or will you have to make a whole new batch of more advanced spells for 2 and armageddon type spells for 3?

They are (almost) all available in FK1 - I think only one or two are too high level for a character to cast directly (. There will be new spells in FK2 and FK3, although spell progression will probably be a little bit slower due to attribute caps and somewhat slower level progression at higher levels. At the highest levels (over 20th) there's going to be an even heavier dependency on spell upgrades.

I've got a spreadsheet with about twice the number of spells on it than are in the current game. But some of the ideas have changed already based on tester feedback.

I've been keeping an eye on this for a little while, but I haven't looked too deeply because I want it to be fresh. What is the talk for FK2 and 3? Are you developing all 3 simultaneously? Does 2 and 3 depend on the sales of 1? I thought I heard you say that this was due out in weeks. I'm hoping to play it before Skyrim consumes all my free time.

FK2 and FK3 have had some development on them already. Some of it happened before I realized that all three "acts" were so huge that they needed to have their own games. The core design (story / locations / characters) is largely done, though I expect some changes as they have to all hold together as stand-alone games. Some locations and models are already done, as well as some spells, monsters, character art, concept art, etc. The games will be based on the same core engine / gameplay, so there won't be huge changes in the tech between games (which has consumed about 1/2 of my time developing the game, anyway).

If FK totally bombs, then it's going to be hard for me to justify making the other two games. I don't think that'll happen. While the game is going to have its flaws, even on release, and I recognize that I'm incredibly biased, I think it's pretty awesome and should be a great game for RPG fans. Right now I'm far more worried about it being the game that nobody ever heard about than the game that nobody liked.

Skyrim's coming out on 11/11/11, right? I think I should be able to beat that.

Incidentally, Part 3 (the final part) of the Magic & Spells section is now up.

That's not incidental :) Magic makes the world go round, not love!

Back
Top Bottom