The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

In that case, I'll keep mine flagged. Not much of an upgrade anyway. From 5 stacks to 10 stacks.

People know where to find me when they get to necro3 and want to do it quick and dirty

My level 11 cleric will soon be able to run the necro 3 chain. Then he will be flagged for cursed crypt. Unfortunately you need the necro 3 quests to get to 400 silver flame favor

Are those silver flame potions really that amazing? I don't see how anyone would willingly want to incur those kind of penalties.

People in the forums who play Barbarians & Fighters seem to like them - at least that's what I've read within the forums.

And this new "Augement System" ... It really reminds me of SWTOR now ... judging from your description alone ...

It's less that they wan to incur the penalties, and more that it's a tradeoff between taking the penalties or dying and failing the quest.

Fighters and Barbarians alone of all the classes lack some easy access to self-healing. My own two Fighters sacrificed the better dps and better looks of the Half-Orc for the hideousness of the Half-Elf and dumped some points into WIS for Cleric dilettante and the ability to use Heal Scrolls without UMD. Others won't make that sacrifice, and will instead turn to SF potions.

@ Branq, having the upgrade to 10 can be vital. We have run and by the time we reach the first shrine I have no charges left. Not many quests will have that many hits on you but nice to stay alive in the few that do.

Vorpals and Cursespewers were changed. Vorpal now adds .5[w] to the base damage, which apparently stacks with other die increases.

Cursespewers now proc only on a 20, have no save, and have a small damage over time component. Lasts 12 seconds.

What are the plans for this evening? I seem to remember that Reywind will be out for 2 Friday sessions. I have the following toons who can play:

* Level 12 cleric. Ready for level 10 quests (desert) or higher. Holding 13 so can do level 11 quests if there is a group for it.

* Level 16 fighter (Friday session toon). Need the flagging quests in Gianthold + Necro 4

* Level 18 cleric. Ready for IQ2, Harbinger 2, Amrath, Cannith, He's holding 19 and 1 rank towards 20. Can redo any quest at level 16+ for XP since it's a long way to grind to level 20, still needs almost 400k.

* Level 25 paladin. Can do anything for XP. Just grinding Epic Destinies for fate points. Currently in Fatesinger.

Could someone also check the status of the airship buffs so we can renew the ones needed when we all meet? Since we're guild level 70 we only need to use gold seal for the XP shrine. The duration of the Altar of Devastation can now the prolonged with PP's.

Something odd seems to be happening with the ice ship buff. Clicking it does nothing for me. I get the visual showing the bar filling up but no buff. This is the only buff that does not work. It seems to have happened after the Khyber server crash and after I got my polar bear cub...I'm hoping its not some strange bug or my cub.

Also another note...might seem weird but here goes: Had this conversation with a player name MadBrenda or something like that, can't remember name. I put an LFM up for Stealer of Souls and about 40 minutes later this person PM's me about how I won't be able to finish it on elite even with a good group because my Sorcerer is too weak!? I'm thinking too myself this person must be some elitist, so they go on to say how a wizzie would be much better. After some back and forth I tell them I finished Enter The Kobold on elite with a decent group just the night before and they get surprised and my Sorcerer does a majority of kills on most quests (thanks finger of death!) and another shocker from them. They then proceed to say that the wizzie picks up after level 20...at this point I'm thinking to myself don't carry the conversation any longer. 20 levels of not so good for 5 levels of good?! Anyway thought I'd rant a bit. But to tell you the truth the one thing I don't like about my sorc is no evasion...I'm talking like 0. Enter the Kobold would be impossible for me without a group or lots of luck due to all the fireballs and fire spells thrown at me. Is there anyway to get some form of evasion as a pure Sorcerer...some spell/feat I'm missing. I run around with displacement, fire shield(cold), Greater Heroism, Jump, Haste. What am I missing. I also took level 19 last night and my xp now is saying something like 528/1,700,000. One of my party members is saying I am getting epic XP now. I am completely new to this epic stuff. Sorry for the long post. I kind of want to get that completionist feat by TR'ing through different professions...

Something odd seems to be happening with the ice ship buff. Clicking it does nothing for me. I get the visual showing the bar filling up but no buff. This is the only buff that does not work. It seems to have happened after the Khyber server crash and after I got my polar bear cub…I'm hoping its not some strange bug or my cub.
That's what happens when you get a cold resistance item on. So, when Wouldii hits the cold shrine while wearing his cloak of greater (30) cold resistance, he gets exactly the results you describe- progress bar fills but no sound effect and no icon in the buff bar.

As far as what's on tap for tonight, Fairythief was assaulted at school a couple days ago and the school has suspended her pending possible expulsion basically claiming she "asked for it". My heart's just not in it tonight so I'll probably take a raincheck.

Peter, aside from our regular Friday toons, the only one I have who could run with any of yours is my level 19 Ranger.

Dte, I'd be taking action against the school.

Sherwin, I ran my Sorc to 20 with the group here and he was a great nuker, but my main gripe was that I built a fire savant who was good early on, but who became less effective towards the end. This was before the Epic levels were introduced. Wizzies can change spells easily and can access far more than a sorc, but they don't have as many SP's and they cast much slower (unless you quicken every spell).
Pure casters don't get evasion. I buff just like you do. What I have done with one of my toons is make a Wiz with 2 levels of Rogue. This gives me evasion as well as locks and traps in exchange for 2 levels of high level spells. It's a compromise and until he reaches level 20 I won't be sure whether it was worthwhile.

I won't run a level 22 with a level 25. I'd take an XP hit and I'm NOT willing to do so at that level.

No you're not.

You don't get power level XP penalty at epic levels. Read the rules:
Power-leveling penalty: (individual) If you are exactly 4 levels below the highest-level character in the party, you receive a -50% penalty. If you are 5 levels below, you receive a -75% penalty. If you are 6 levels below, you receive a -99% penalty. If you are 7 or more levels below, you receive no XP regardless of bonuses. Characters that are level 20 or 21 do not receive a power-level penalty, even when grouped with level 24-25 characters.

So the only possible penalty remaining is the level of the quest vs the highest level in the group. If we do Epic normal you get no penalty if doing a level 24 normal quest. Epic Hard can be done at level 23 normal quest without penalty.

The 4 Demonweb quests are level 23 and can be done at Epic Hard (not a problem) without penalty.

The 5 High Road quests are level 24 and can be done at epic normal or epic hard without a penalty.

The Sschindyrlyn quests are level 22 so doing them epic hard means a 10% penalty (same as when one person dies). I don't think that's an issue.

Actually the penalty you get from repeating the quest is higher. You've done all of these quests several times.

At epic levels you often see the LFM's looking for 20-25. People farm the quests for XP for their epic destinies and not their actual levels. The bonuses you get from regular levels are minor compared to new Epic Destiny points / levels.

Sherwin, you held a conversation with what is universally known as an idiot. Squelch, move on.

As far as evasion goes, only three classes get evasion. Rogue (level 2) and Monk (level 2) and Ranger (level 9). Rogues can also take Improved Evasion with one of their bonus feats later on, usually taken as early as possible, and Monks get Improved Evasion at 9 naturally.

In Epic Destinies, running in Shadowdancer at level 5 gives you evasion as well, but for non-melee/ranged classes, this is a weak ED.

The problem is, as a Sorcerer you have very weak reflex saves. This is normal, Wizards have the same problem as well. However, Wizards can take a feat called Insightful Reflexes, which uses their INT score for their Reflex save instead of DEX. Both my Wizards and my Artificer has this feat, as increasing saves is one of the best things you can do.

Try to slot in the best DEX item you can as well as a Resistance item as high as you can. At your level, you can add a whole 8 to your Reflex, and 5 to all others. A useful armor suffix is Superior Stability, which for characters of True Neutral alignment grants +6 to AC and all saves. Later, if you ever TR or create another Sorcerer, a Half-Elf can go Paladin Dilettante for free essentially, netting them up to +5 to all saves from their CHA score. My Bard, Mirys, uses that Dilettante, and has high 30's to low 40's on all her saving throws.

About the only spell I rotate in besides what you listed is Stoneskin, which is basically free HP. Combined with Displacement and Haste, arcanes can be tough little critters. Then there is Rage, which is +2 STR and CON, for more hp and +1 to Fortitude saves.

There is an obscure build called the Tukaw that uses Evasion as a Sorc. It's a 16Sorc, 2 Rogue or Monk, 2 Paladin. This is a rare use of Paladin as a splash that works. They are usually Warforged, thus self-healing, and it is a melee-type arcane knight build. Paladin 2 gives them Divine Grace, which adds the CHA modifier to all saves, Rogue or Monk for evasion, and either skills or feats, and 16 Sorc for Reconstruct, Stoneskin, Displacement, Haste, Rage, etc... I've seen several very effective ones, including those who could tank back in the day. It's fallen out of favor here recently though, since U14.

When you reach 1,900,000 xp, you hit level 20. Since we can level now past that, any xp you gain, even as a 19, will be applied toward 21. Even for quests not 20+ (which you cannot do because you're not 20+.) However, you cannot choose an Epic Destiny until you take level 20.

Dte, call the police and press charges against the kids who did it. Then call the local news media and get them involved, let the entire community know that the school administration condones and supported the attack. Then call a lawyer.

Sorry, I'm late again. Anybody volunteering for taking over my job ? ;)

The Free Item of the Week :

January 25 - 31
Bracelet of Friends
Use Coupon Code BOF010
1/Account

20 % off of :

- "Stat Tomes"
- Tomes of learning"
- "Quest XP Elixirs"
- "Guild Renown Elixirs"

New companions : Mephits ! : http://www.ddo.com/ddostorecreaturecompanions#mephit

They cost 350 Turbine Points each.

Additionally from the "DDO Chronicle" :

DDO Bonus Days brings you +15% Guild Renown, now through January 27th!

This is your final weekend to check out the Midwinter Festival in Eveningstar and Risia Ice Games in Stormreach! These events run through January 27th!

The DDO Store is offering discounts on Stat Tomes, Tomes of Learning, Guild Renown Elixirs and more! Click here for the latest deals!

Wizards of the Coast is now offering digital versions of many of their classic D&D products in .pdf format! Click here to download them!

Dare I ask, what is a bracelet of friends?

Back
Top Bottom