PoE Patch 1.03

Pillars of Eternity
Well, I'm finally patched to 1.03, and guess what? The bugs in my game are fixed. :)

Now to reacclimate myself to PoE again after a week or more away. See you all in the Dyrwood. :party: :)

How did you solve your problem?

I didn't do anything to fix it. I opened Steam today and an update queued for Pillars. It took a few minutes to validate files, then a 5.9 GB file started coming through, which I found odd because I had the game installed already. Anyway, it gets close to 20% or so and then immediately completes. I start the game and it's version 1.03 and my bugs are fixed!

Now the hard part. Putting down my Drakensang playthrough to pick up Pillars again. Hmm. I'm in an RPG conundrum! :lol:

Yep! And in the meantime I got to experience Drakensang, so it was actually a *good* thing that I had to wait. ;)

Raedric's Hold is a side area, and perfectly skipable, as in It's not part of the critical path to finish the main quest. I do agree that it's not fun to lose progress, if a player happens to wonder in and get stuck and maybe lose some progress, if he completes the quest, gets stuck and has to restore from a suitable save or restart, but that doesn't mean the game is unplayable. And leaves something to experience on the next playthrough :)

The other stuff - not working passives and permanent stat increases, again, not fun, but not bringing the game to a state that's unplayable. It's a single player game, after all, not a problem. If someone wants to glitch his character/s to godhood, they're welcome - and btw, to get to this part, as far as I understand it, you had to deliberately go out of your way to get there.

On the general, I tend to agree with you, but still think you over exaggerate how unplayable the state of the game is/was without the patch. Could have been much worse.

Makes me wonder though what would people find to whine about next. I can't say that everything major being patched all of a sudden will stop the complaints.

Again I don't think you've read my posts.

I have not once said the game is unplayable. I have not once exaggerated the bugs. The only bugs I've said the game has, in any thread were listed in the fixes so I'm sure they are bugs and not exaggeration. I have actually been saying that having bugs is unavoidable and that people should be supporting the game.

If your willing to tolerate inflated attributes, passive abilities disappearing and having to avoid sections of the game then that's great for you. Not everyone has such tolerance though and would rather play when those things are fixed.

I personally won't be doing a real play through for at least 6 mo. so I could care less how many bugs it currently has but I'm pretty sure there and many, many people that were happy to see that patch before their weekend off.

Well, I'm seeing another stealth patch being downloaded, but no patch notes or news on Steam.

On the Obsidian forums there's this

1.03 Hotfix: Doors not opening due to Fog of War
Thanks for information Trasher.:handshake:

If anyone is curious the first hot-fix was released last week to fix a lock-picking bug from the first major patch. As for me I'm curious as to why each hot-fix is over 500 mb's?o_O

Last edited:
Dunno about hotfixes, on GOG only patch 1.03 is listed.

GOG game wasn't as messed up as Steam because GOG did their own testing so I read before its release.

Steams patch was over 800mg well GOG 1.03 patch was under a 100mg. Anyways it fixed the only problem I had in 40 plus hours in the game.

I wasn't into it in the beginning but now I am a "Junkie". I am finding it hard to stop playing. I tell myself just get to this point and well a few more hours go by and I make the same deal with myself..repeat.

This is doubtful. GoG patches are lighter because they fix specifically the bits at fault.
Steam patches by replacing entire files for few bits at fault.

Steam does not care for bandwith, they can get users to download 1 Go with 100Mo (1/10th) meant to replace the data at fault.

This is this kind of mentality that has led the world where it has now. Steam was plebiscited while GoG riles because of their patching policy.

Attributes bonuses are still screwed. I just bought Husk of the Great Western Stag light armor with + 2 Perception bonus and my Perception is stuck at 15 (as it was before). And it's not the first time that has happened either but this one cost a lot of money!

As for me I'm curious as to why each hot-fix is over 500 mb's?o_O

That's because of how Steam pack files, it sometimes redownload more files than necessary (and sometimes it display Xmb and download less too). On GOG the hotfix download was like 80mb.

Attributes bonuses are still screwed. I just bought Husk of the Great Western Stag light armor with + 2 Perception bonus and my Perception is stuck at 15 (as it was before). And it's not the first time that has happened either but this one cost a lot of money!

Did you check to see if the bonus was being suppressed in you character sheet?

That's because of how Steam pack files, it sometimes redownload more files than necessary (and sometimes it display Xmb and download less too). On GOG the hotfix download was like 80mb.
Thanks I forgot about that as I remember Steam re-downloading Witcher 2 multiple times when it was patched. Looks like it improved, but it's still a mess.

NOW he tells me! :) Well, that indeed was the reason! Thx Thrasher!

I will certainly be a smarter shopper next time!

Just give it to a toon that doesn't have a perception bonus yet. Problem solved :)

Back
Top Bottom