Skyrim - Interview @ AusGamers

Could agree more about the potential that lies within Bethseda's games, also the complete and annoying frustration at their disregard for quality in certain areas. Especially when it comes to things like dungeon building, writing, gameplay and voice acting, with their budget potential. In the end the thing that has always made their games great to me has been the Editors and Fan made content.

My big problem is I like 100s of mods but usually only barely get the hang of Bash and Edit. After 6 months or a year of playing other games, when I come back I've forgotten how to use the tools. :'(

I'm not making things up here, graphically it is far supperior to Risen 2 from what I have seen. Not sure how you can really argue that….although, most european games get free passes here. We have no idea about gameplay yet for either so…

Sorry, but I find that comment hilarious. How can you compare those titles when we haven't even seen in-game footage from Risen 2 yet?

Sorry, but I find that comment hilarious. How can you compare those titles when we haven't even seen in-game footage from Risen 2 yet?

We haven't? I think you may mean you haven't....pretty easy to see if you do a search on google.

Fail…

Still screenshots do not equal footage.

OK….um….guess there is no reasoning with you…hold that thought then. We won't compare screen shots from both then;) You do realize I was just talking about graphicaly since we haven't really seen gameplay from either.

OK….um….guess there is no reasoning with you…hold that thought then. We won't compare screen shots from both then;) You do realize I was just talking about graphicaly since we haven't really seen gameplay from either.

I clearly said "in-game footage" in my original post, but you can pretend otherwise. Or perhaps you're confused because you don't know what that means.

And we have indeed seen gameplay footage from Skyrim. Like this for instance.

I clearly said "in-game footage" in my original post, but you can pretend otherwise. Or perhaps you're confused because you don't know what that means.

And we have indeed seen gameplay footage from Skyrim. Like this for instance.

Oh well, we have seen screenshots of in game footage of each, and I can tell which I like better. I'm clearly not comparing movies of each, you compare what you have...obviously it is a sore spot for some of you to do that. I'm sure Risen 2 will be a great game as well, but just won't look as good.

JDR, the 600 hours is over the 5 years. It's not like I played 600 hours in 2006. I played 150 in vanilla in 2006, 200 hours or so the next playthrough, with mods and then lesser hours throughout the next 4 years. Would it help to say I've logged over 2000 hours if you add up all the might and magics? This is a guess, but I play MM3, MM6, and MM7 every year and I finish them fairly often. I've played through MMVIII and MMIX to the end, which is a true sign of my nuttiness. MMIX was a chore to finish. It was buggy as hell, but I wanted to say that I had completed it. MMI and MMII I've played a couple times but only finished them the 1st time through. I've finished MM8 three times, iirc.

I'd say all the Bethesda games added up could match the amount of time I've spent in the might and magic series. I bet dte has put some serious 100's in his Wiz8 playthroughs.

I'm not making things up here, graphically it is far supperior to Risen 2 from what I have seen. Not sure how you can really argue that….although, most european games get free passes here. We have no idea about gameplay yet for either so…

Recently I seem enjoying playing games made by European dev rather than US dev. However this is has nothing to do with the place origin of the games! It just happen that Eu devs seem to make games which match my current tastes.

I think tastes varies, but I think Skyrim looks bland to me based on the footage and screenshot I have seen so far. I am not impressed with Risen 2 as well.

I think tastes varies, but I think Skyrim looks bland to me based on the footage and screenshot I have seen so far. I am not impressed with Risen 2 as well.
Pretty much.

Though Risen 2 has
1724801-risen2_all_all_screenshot_011_super.jpg

which renders all opinions invalid :).

What the hell is that thing? Funny, I could easily see that creature in Morrowind, but Oblivion or Skyrim? No way. It's too 'weird'. But I like weird. :p

What the hell is that thing? Funny, I could easily see that creature in Morrowind, but Oblivion or Skyrim? No way. It's too 'weird'. But I like weird. :p
It´s a land version of angler fish, Risen´s signature new creature:
Angler%20fish.JPG

The modeller spent all the polys on his head and none on the legs, looks incredible stupid, hopefully its a WIP.
Yep, those legs look more like stands.
Pretty much all Risen 2´s screens look like "WIPs" to me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom