Jade Empire - BioWare Talks About Sequel

Bioware's PC adaptation of Jade Empire was more than a straight port - as well as including all the extra content, they introduced much better graphics settings and reconfigured the control scheme around mouse/keyboard. It works quite nicely, tho it's also fine on gamepad since there's no real Z-axis aiming.

I enjoyed the setting, but there's nothing unique about it - the whole gameworld is just a wuxia knockoff, so it'll seem pretty pedestrian if you're familiar with the genre. (If not, you might find it refreshing.) And the storyline is yet another standard Bioware "You are the Chosen One" narrative.

Re. the retreadness of Jade Empire's gameworld: if you're game for a wuxia-inspired setting that's roughly as stereotypical as JE's, but manages its stereotypes with much more cleverness and delight, try Barry Hughart's Master Li books:
http://www.amazon.com/The-Chronicles-Master-Number-Ten/dp/0966543602

Don't think that JE was so successful to warrant a sequel (as much as i would love one). And i don't think that it had memorable PC's either. And i confess: Sleeping Dogs, despite being so different (and not an RPG), did wonders for my thirst of martial arts flicks:)

Back
Top Bottom