Blood Bowl 2008!!!

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat
I ran across this little tidbit while trying to find mods for the original Blood Bowl made for the PC. It seems that Cyanide is making Blood Bowl. On wikipedia it says it's due out in 2008 but can't confirm that at Cyanide or the Blood Bowl webpage.

Looks pretty good to me. Let's see if Cyanide can do a better job of bringing a great board game to the PC. At the very least it can't be worse than SSI's 1995 release of Blood Bowl. The people who did that one must of never played Blood Bowl or had no idea of what a boardgame was. Now maybe I don't have to scour the internet to see if anyone made a mod for it that would make it a halfway decent game.

Almost forgot to mention the best part of this. It will be TURNBASED. "Holy bat droppings, Batman!!!" Well technically they say on the webpage that there will be two modes that it can be played it, realtime and turnbased. Sounds promising if they can pull it off without breaking the game.

Linkies

http://www.cyanide-studio.com/?rub=node&nid=696
http://www.bloodbowl-game.com/#
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_Bowl

Interesting. They surely have some experience with it, since they did "Chaos League" and "Sudden Death" before.

I am so looking forward to this game. A turn-based PC Bloodbowl game is almost too much to hope for, so it'll probably be a disaster. Chaos League wasn't very good at all, but I still can't wait for BB.
Somewhere in my parent's basement is packed away all my Bloodbowl teams and game sets, and I miss playing the game a great deal. So I really hope this upcoming version is good, I really really do.
The fact that it's got a turn-based mode is what I find the most compelling in regards to the game being a good adaptation.

Whoo, that takes me back some. Bring on the Dwarven Death Roller!

Cant wait to see how this turns out. The Blood Bowl minitures game was one of my favorite of all times. I still have a bunch of player cards and books around ehre somewhere. The first try on the PC didnt turn out oo good. Chaos League was a little rough to. I hope this one comes out well.

While I'm at it, I never really understood the rules of "Chaos League". And i don't remember the handbook explaining them enough to make me understand them. (Although I could be wrong in that point.)

While I'm at it, I never really understood the rules of "Chaos League". And i don't remember the handbook explaining them enough to make me understand them. (Although I could be wrong in that point.)

I only played the demos and yeah, they're hard to follow for two reasons. One is that the commentators giving you tutorial info are often drowned out by crowd and team noises, and the instructions are jumbled in with colour commentary. Secondly it's clear that English is not the native language here, so what can be heard isn't always clearly explained.

I posted this topic and had forgotten all about it until now with all this talk about DOW 2.

I just wanted to say thanks Alrik those screenshots and trailors (would of never found those on a german site;))looks awesome and they have SKAVEN :boogie: Gotta say those little brown freaks look pretty good. I'm a little surprised they even have the Slaan in there. That will be interesting to see what kind of players they have. I stopped playing Blood Bowl before the Slaan were created. Even then I only played a few times, but each time it was a blast.

The gameplay looks good from what little I saw. Can't wait. GO UNDERWORLD CREEPERS GO!!!!

EDIT: Anyone know where to get Chaos League? I've looked everywhere and it's nowhere. I never even heard of it before you guys mentioned it.

Last edited:
Chaos League ? I'd say monitor ebay.
Other than that, I have no idea.

... Just noticed that the video says :

- turn-based
- real-time
- multi-player

are available. :)

The possibility to play it as a turn-based game is definitively a huge Plus in my eyes. :)

Turnbased Blood Bowl and now this game. Kinda shuts up those nay sayers about how PC games are dying. I'll check it out more in the morning. Thanks a lot Alrik. It looks interesting.

Chaos League ? I'd say monitor ebay.
Other than that, I have no idea.

And I say "don't bother". ;)

As for the turn base, hope it's like the board game and not like in Chaos League where the turn base was when you directed what all your players were to do in the next turn and then everyone did everything at the same time. Which just isn't Blood Bowl.

And I look forward to bashing Skavens! :D Because in the one tournament I've played I didn't manage to beat Skaven once (which was totally because I was a rookie coach and the guy playing Skavens wasn't), even though I almost did in all games but one...

Übereil

Now, I thought this evening, if they also did a fantasy soccer game ... ;)

Back
Top Bottom