The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

None, but then I don't have a Underwater Action or Waterbreathing spell on her. Not sure if there is one accessible for a couple of levels for Arcanes. My Cleric can pull it though, if I can make it out that far.

I'll just use my crossbow for long ranged needs, and Acid Splash for closer range. With a little luck I can get a level, and then just replace my single target with Scorching Ray. That'll save action points from boosting my force spells as well as the 4 elemental types. I do more damage with Acid Splash anyway for the same cost, and it affects Oozes.

I'll be back on Mureall as soon as Fireflash is 7. After Mureall is 6, then I'll hit my Bard and push her to 6. By which time, I'll need to push Aerii up a level to keep up with Peter. :p

*Edit* I ran with Mur a bit tonight, and didn't even miss MM. In fact, things were a bit easier without it (and my enhancements respecced for more acid damage as well). Only 7200 more before Fireflash is level 7. Debating swapping out Toughness so I can grab Tempest 1, or waiting until 9 for it. Given how many dragonshard fragments I have laying around, I should be able to afford a feat swap. Then again, 30 extra hp is alot.

Last edited:
Yep, 30 HP on most of my chars is more than half what they have!! :)

It would drop FF down to 100 or so hp. I never let a character run with less than 14 CON, and usually have Toughness as well. FF currently has 19 CON, 14 base, +2 Tome, +3 item from Tangleroot. Gonna run Tangle again for a +3 Dex item, which will add another AC point. Plus there's not much that gives that sort of xp, plus rewards, for effort.

Even Mur has almost 80hp, with no CON items and only one Toughness enhancement so far, at level 5. I like my characters to be able to survive a hit or two.

Turns out it's a moot point. Since I took Toughness before Mobility, even though it shouldn't matter, I can't swap it for Spring Attack. So I'll get Tempest 1 at level 9, not before.

Most of my chars have from 50-60 HP. Plus almost none wear armour to avoid spell failures at critical moments. That's why we're squishies!! :)

Mur only wears robes (though they're Robes of Stability, which give +2 Deflection AC and +2 Resistance to all Saves). I just pump CON, as much as I can and still max out my casting stat and provide for other things I need.

After Gwylan's tonight, I guess it's a good thing I wasn't able to drop Toughness. :p Been wanting to run it, and you see why. 8k XP is a lot in one gulp. All told tonight, I think I pulled about 25k XP. Including running Necro earlier. I'll have my third point soon.

A rogue of some sort is a necessity with that mod for sure. A level 5 char struggles when hit for 30 HP at a time and you only have 57!! :)

Wanna bet!!??!! 2 of us were healers and we still all died!! :)

Only one actually and not a full healer. fireflahs can heal with wands but will never be much of a healer. mostly shes able to be self sufficient. gwylans is also a challenging quest. a ton of tough mobs and traps. try running it on elite once. but the payoff is good too with over 7k xp on normal.

I'm done Gwylan's several times and it's not so hard if you know what to expect. You need to pull the monsters in the dungeons and take out the spellcasters (cast glitterdust). The area it filled with traps so having a rogue is a must.

Most players make the mistake of moving towards the monsters. It's better to use ranged weapons to kite them to you. This way you can deal with only a few at a time.

I've solved it on elite and it's not that hard in a good group. But I've had party wipes on normal in bad groups. So it's a quest that shows how good you really are. Gwylan's was the first quest I played where I realized that the risk of party wipe is really big without a good plan. The problem is that you don't know what to expect on the first run unless you have experienced people in the group. So even good players can get wiped until they learn what they're up against.

Mid level quests are more like Gwylan's. You will be killed if you're not careful. Many quests have really nasty traps and monsters become really dangerous. You need to buff properly and attack with the right weapons and spells. If you're not properly equipped you might end up not harming them at all. So it's absolutely vital to collect weapons with special abilities (ghost touch, metalline, holy, axiomatic, contruct bane etc.).

I think we can try Gwylan's in the guild soon. It's a good learning experience and all character types get a chance to shine. But it will be very frustrating if we don't stay together and kite the monsters to us. If we get overwhelmed we all die within seconds.

There was one spell which was cast regularly which wiped my poor squishy all the time with no save. A HUGE finger points down at me while a large circle engulfs me and I lose at least 30HP. I once got that 3 times in a row while trying to heal myself. Didn't work.

Once I figured out that my fighter could jump over charging minotaurs, it got a little more manageable for me. Prior to that, knockdown was kicking my butt. Had my first visits from blindness spells, too...didn't much like that.

The problem was, we were shortmanning it, with only three characters, and one was underlevel. No full time healer either.

I actually ran it first on Elite, with my Paladin in a Pug. Would have ran much smoother had we had a good Rogue. As it was, the only close call was the mercenary leader (where we all died a few times last night as well), and that partially was because we had two Warforged, and the poor cleric was overwhelmed trying to heal them. I used my LoH on the two WF, as it has no penalty like regular healing.

It became among my favorites right then too.

As a Ranger, Fireflash gets not only the TWF feats for free, but several archery feats for free. Such as Many Shot, which I used up until running out of ammo. I'd never tried it before finishing Tangleroot solo, but I was able to one shot a red name there with it in the final part (one of the Ogres). Not bad for a melee-focused Ranger Tempest. I ran out while kiting the mercenary leader in Gwylan's.

As for that spell, I think that's Deific Vengeance. Clerical attack spell. Nasty, I've used it on occasion while soloing when I need to drop something that I can't reach. It's loaded depending on what other spells I need/want, as Searing Light is my preferred range attack spell.

BTW Peter, I can get us the last two Explorer points in 3 barrel, but one of them will need a Cleric with Water Breathing, or an Underwater Action item. I've been eyeing the AH for one, but nothing has shown up yet. One just requires Jump, which my Ranger can provide with some Divine Vit to get my SP for the last spell. For you, at level 8, it might not be much xp, but the rest of us could use it.

I can certainly join. My cleric can cast waterbreathing. I will be online every night so I can join in smaller groups. I will certainly be there on Friday as usual as well. I have waterbreathing items for my highest level cleric and paladin. If I find more I will save them. The same for permanent feather fall items.

Any plans for what we'll play tonight? I'm considering bringing the ranger this time, but it depends on what we play and what toons everyone brings.

I'm easy can bring whatever fills the needs of the group; we know Peter will bring either cleric or pally, that's all he plays!!!! :)

I'm old so it's hard to remember the capabilities of several character types. A cleric and paladin is enough to remember for my brain. :)

Well, I got Fireflash up to 8 this morning. Finished my second run of Tangleroot, then ran a couple quests in House J. Now I'm going to focus on getting either Ijii or Mureall up to 6. This will get Ijii into the Spellsinger PrE as well, which lets her cuts sp costs down for casters a bit, as well as gives a few extra sp for herself to use.

Corwin, I got a scroll of Solid Fog, a level 4 arcane spell, if you want it. Pulled it in Graverobber. It's about the only interesting thing I pulled all morning, other than bound quest rewards.

Sounds like a good spell. I inscribed a few others people have given me yesterday afternoon, so I'm getting a good collection of level 4 and 5 spells for when I can access them. My Bard is inching closer to level 6, but solo is not her forte; especially when swarmed!! I plan to go online in about 5 hours from now if anyone is still awake!! :)

Well, I ended up playing Eschalon 2 for a few hours, so I missed out on pushing Ijii up some. I want to push Mureall up first, maybe all the way to 7, but it's hard to solo a Sorc, and I usually don't feel up to it. Bards at least can CC and heal, which make up for a lack of melee capability.

Back
Top Bottom