Skyrim - Preview @ Manatank

Because it is a science. :) Every company worth its salt has its people. You are being played! Yes, even you. They know about people like you that think they have it under control and pretend not to follow the hype. They have your number, too. They have us all under control. :)

I always laugh when people say that advertising (hype is advertising) "doesn't affect me". Advertising affects us all. The best advertising does so and makes you think that it didn't.

Indeed. I will be quite disappointed if they have rain go through roofs in Skyrim. I'm kind of fussy about these things. :)

I won't like it either, but I'll deal with it.

What, really? I really like how it looks, but other people have called it crap. Hah, goes to show that you can't argue with taste. But I don't know if I agree with the best graphics EVARR comment. Mass Effect 2 and Final Fantasy XIII don't count? L.A. Noire looked kind of good…

What do you mean they don't count? Nothing, so far, has impressed me as much as what I've seen in these videos on that console. It's not so much just the "beauty" on screen - but what's HAPPENING on screen. It's making me realise just what the game can do - coupled with how big and intricate it is. It's very impressive to me.

Mass Effect 2 was "just" a bunch of action set pieces in a HEAVILY designed structure. It did look great, but it didn't impress me in any way. I actually expect a game to look great if it mostly plays like a linear tunnel shooter with zillions of dollars invested in it.

Because it is a science. :) Every company worth its salt has its people. You are being played! Yes, even you. They know about people like you that think they have it under control and pretend not to follow the hype. They have your number, too. They have us all under control. :)

You insight is truly staggering ;)

I decided long ago that I was getting Skyrim - so the hype is kinda wasted on me. Well, except to excite me more about my eventual purchase.

Last edited:
I decided long ago that I was getting Skyrim - so the hype is kinda wasted on me. Well, except to excite me more about my eventual purchase.

Ditto! I'm one of those who has a news filter setup with the word Skyrim in it, so I read every little tidbit I can find; at least on boring days at work ;)

Eh, I am pretty much resigned to no collision detection rain in TES games.

At this point it is water under the bridge to me. :D

Eh, I am pretty much resigned to no collision detection rain in TES games.

Buy PC, wait for mod.

FYI, rain collision was modded into Morrowind.

yes rain was actually patched into the morrowind.exe file (!) amongst a lot of other bug fixes that comes with MCP. Don't know if it was ever fixed for Oblivion, i don't think it exists such advanced "mod" for it..

What do you mean they don't count? […]
Mass Effect 2 was "just" a bunch of action set pieces in a HEAVILY designed structure.

Because of this. It can't really be compared, because they're not a sandbox game. They are carefully choreographed and manipulated to look good. In Skyrim, that's possible only to a lesser extent.

So in a way, I agree. The world does seem alive, especially the mammoths and giants walking across the field in the third video, and the dragon attacks.

Except that you are now working for them for free whenever you open your mouth to talk about the game. ;)

I should finish the book The Power of Persuasion some time…

At this point it is water under the bridge to me. :D

Oh, that was terrible. :p

So in a way, I agree. The world does seem alive, especially the mammoths and giants walking across the field in the third video, and the dragon attacks.

Yeah, you got it :)

Except that you are now working for them for free whenever you open your mouth to talk about the game. ;)

I should finish the book The Power of Persuasion some time…

If speaking my mind about what I'm seeing represents work, then I'm glad to work for free.

I'm not petty enough to feel entitled to payment because I benefit someone as a side-effect of having an opinion.

Back
Top Bottom