Divinity 2 - GC 2008 Screenshots

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
The screenshots of Divinity 2 that were made available for the Games Convention 2008 can be found in our images section.
More information.

Nice screenshots.

Can anybody confirm that the gallery is fucked up under Opera (here: v9.51)? It doesn´t scroll left <-> right. Instead the pics are displayed in rows until they´re running out of space.

Nice screenshots.

Can anybody confirm that the gallery is fucked up under Opera (here: v9.51)? It doesn´t scroll left <-> right. Instead the pics are displayed in rows until they´re running out of space.

In my case, no. I'm using Opera 9.51 myself.

Thanks. The problem is gone. Might have been a temporary thing.

What made Divine Divinity great for me was simply that it shared my design philosophy of a good RPG should be made.

* Free roaming & rewarding exploration
* Decent story that doesn't lead you by the nose
* A good variety of quests with decent dialogue

Overall it feels like a slightly larger version of Baldur's Gate, or a 2d version of Gothic.

The fact that I finished the entire game using hell spikes and no other spell was neccessary was a slight letdown. The diablo-style combat and the huge dungeon that you had to get through to finally get to experience the game scared away most people that would have loved it.

Seeing that the game will be released on XBox 360 is a bit of a let down. That is usually an early indication that the game is dumbed down so even actiongamers get it.

The game is developed for both the PC and XBox in parallel. It is still an action game like Divinity was and it resembles Divinity in other ways as well. It does have a more complex quest structure with sometimes multiple endings for a quest and different effects and reactions from the NPCs. Anyway I only saw it for half an hour at the GC, so there is much I have not seen. You can seepart of the game in action at YouTube where a presentation was given on friday, someone taped it and put it online (see other newsbit).

Back
Top Bottom