Witcher 3 - Extended Gameplay Demo

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
If you haven't spoiled the game by watching the other trailers in the last few months then head on over to IGN who has a new Extended Gameplay Demo from Gamescom.

CD Projekt Red stops by the IGN booth with a brand new demo of The Witcher 3, live from Gamescom.
More information.

Insane how good this looks. Pure artistry in everything. This will be game of the years, I am just glad I got my CE preorder in.

Looks good but a little niggle again... Geralt's clothes are too clean and tidy, his chain mail too shiny... I preferred the "well worn" look from Witcher 2.

Must not look....

anyway slightly off topic question, one one hand, i rather get the physical copy (maps etc) but on the other hand I rather buy direct from gog.com (who don't sell physical) so the devs get more money. Doing both is not an option :p

anyway my question is, what is the % of physical sale price the dev gets in general?

I wouldn't worry about looking too much lost. All the gameplay trailers I have seen so far deal with about 30 to 40 minutes of game time and deal with the same fragmant of the game. I have found that written reviews usually contain more spoilers than trailers.

Looks good but a little niggle again… Geralt's clothes are too clean and tidy, his chain mail too shiny… I preferred the "well worn" look from Witcher 2.

I too expect a Witcher to be hardened by the elements. Currently he looks very 'healthy', a bit fat on the face and clean - as if he is a holywood actor just came out to the filming set from his make up cabinet!

I haven't seen any footage outside of swamp areas with lots of fog and low visibility. I'd love to see a nice distance shot so I could compare it to Skyrim's vistas. Video cards have had 3 years to improve how games can look, so W3 should be pretty cool if the artists are decent.

I haven't seen any footage outside of swamp areas with lots of fog and low visibility. I'd love to see a nice distance shot so I could compare it to Skyrim's vistas. Video cards have had 3 years to improve how games can look, so W3 should be pretty cool if the artists are decent.

There's a very nice vantage point in this one.

I haven't seen any footage outside of swamp areas with lots of fog and low visibility. I'd love to see a nice distance shot so I could compare it to Skyrim's vistas.

As much as I like Skyrim and as much as I enjoy some of the vistas in Skyrim, I think it needs to be said that there is always an issue of LOD and pop-in that probably can never be quite avoided with these far open vistas.
It is very clever of CDP to use natural means to cover up these LOD issues. A dense forest where you can't see very far is the perfect solution given the setting of the game.
Looks to me like they've done a great job at keeping up a very consistent high level of detail so the player barely ever has a moment like "OK, this looks awesome 200 yards out but what the hell is that bright spot in the far distance there? A lake maybe? Or what's that untextured triangle? A mountain? A pyramid?"

There are som good looking vistas in the game when you climb up a mountain you can see quite a bit. That said if the way Gerald's hair is wrapped around his head, the look of his armor or even the vistas are the more serious issues of the game, I say it will be a great one :)

It's a little spoilerish, but yeah…great video. This is definitely my #1 most anticipated game by far.

I saw some new things that I hadn't seen previously. For instance, you can dive underwater. :)

I don't like Geralt's new look, but that's a minor quibble.

Everything else looks fantastic, and that was just the Xbox version being shown. Imagine what this is going to look like on a high-end PC.

And here's a download link for people that want the hires download.

About Geralt's look, I love his walking/running animation. And I actually love his facial animation and look. But the most disturbing/interesting were definitely the ladies. And oh, yeah, I was surprised to see underwater gameplay in this one.

About Geralt's look, I love his walking/running animation. And I actually love his facial animation and look. But the most disturbing/interesting were definitely the ladies. And oh, yeah, I was surprised to see underwater gameplay in this one.

His animations are fine, but I prefer the way his face looked in TW2.

But yeah, those witches, or whatever they are, seem interesting. I can't wait to see what the story is behind them.

Graphically, the game looks impressive, but so was the last game. In fact, it doesn't look like much of a jump from TW2 from a technical standpoint. That's fine though as TW2 is still impressive visually.

Graphically, the game looks impressive, but so was the last game. In fact, it doesn't look like much of a jump from TW2 from a technical standpoint. That's fine though as TW2 is still impressive visually.

I find it looks noticeably better. And it's open-world. Them being able to crank that much graphics quality in an open-world game is impressive. I just hope it's not at the cost of a some unbelievable hardware requirements. I'm planning on upgrading my PC right after it launches, and I hope it runs flawlessly with max settings on decent highend PC. I hope I don't have to break the bank on the system.

Back
Top Bottom