Dark Souls - Finally Gets Rid of GFWL

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Bandai Namco Games announces that Dark Souls is finally getting rid of GFWL, and will be getting new life on Steam next month. So hallelujah everyone it's about time.
We are very excited to announce that next month it will be possible for players to migrate their Dark Souls: Prepare to Die games, saves and achievements from the Games for Windows Live platform to Steam.

• Games for Windows Live users will be able to redeem their Games for Windows Live Tokens on Steam to get Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition at no additional cost. (To find your Games for Windows Live Token, please head to the support webpage.)
  • In the month of November, there will be a period by which Games for Windows Live Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition users will be able to transfer their Save Data (characters + progress) and Achievements over to their Steam accounts.
  • Players will still be able to use their Games for Windows Live Tokens to redeem the Steam version of Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition at no additional cost even after the migration period ends; but game Save Data and Achievements transfer functions may not be available.
  • Games for Windows Live Rankings will not be transferred to Steam.
The specific migration start and end dates will be available soon; however the migration period will begin sometime in November 2014 with more specific dates to come.

We will be sharing more information soon regarding the migration process soon, so stay tuned!
Thank you lostforever for the link.

More information.

I don't think so.

I was never able to get this game to look satisfactory, even with the homebrew patch that is supposed to unlock higher resolutions. There are no words to describe just how bad this port is. This is one which I just preferred to play on a console.

It wasn't a very good looking game on pc but I thought it was satisfactory with durantes mod.

I never played it on console but My brother said it looked better on my pc than on his PS3, which is a scary thought.

Now we just need Uplay and Origin platforms to follow suit.

I'll always prefer seeing more platforms than to see Steam having a monopoly. Competition is good and needs to be encouraged.

Back
Top Bottom