How do you use/activate console cheats in pc version?

torbadon

Watcher
I would like to know if anyone can tell me how to use and activate the pc console
for imputing commands an cheats, for full version of game, NOT demo.
thanks

The following worked in the demo. It's unconfirmed for the full game. Try it and tell us if it worked.

1. Go into your Arcania folder, make a backup of the file input.xml.
2. Open the file in an editor, locate the following entries.
Code:
<Input command="loot all">
<Key code="18"/>
<Activation type="first active"/>
</Input>
3. Copy the following lines under one mentioned in (2).
Code:
<Input command="cheat menu">
<Key code="41"/>
<Activation type="first active"/>
</Input>
4. Save, close the file.
5. Start Arcania. In the normal gaming screen you should be able to open the cheat menu with the ^ key.
5a) If it doesn't work, edit the file again and replace the 41 by a 66. Now the key for the cheat menu should be F8.

Source

I'm just about to give it up. I have read all the suggestions on how to change the INPUT.XML file to be able to get a console to drop down or open or what ever it does and I just can't seem to get it to work at all for Gothic 4 retail version.

I did a google search on how to do it and there are plenty of people out there telling you how to do it and so far I haven't been able to get a single one to even come close to getting even 1 of them to work at all.

1 of them says to use the "~" to open the comsole and here are the other ones that also would not work. "^", "F1" "S" one even said to use this Key "'/~" Sorry but I have NEVER seen a key that even comes close to looking like a "'/~" Key.

Sorry but that is 3 keys not 1 key. But I tried to hit them 1 right after the other 1 to see if that would work but not for me. I have tried so many of them I thought 1 of them should work but I sure can't get any of them to work.

Either they have no Idea how to do it either or I'm changing the Input.xml file the wrong way. I'm going to attach a file here for everyone to look at and maybe some one can see what I may be doing wrong.

I even tried a few of those TRAINERS that are out there. None of them worked either. I have the retail version of Gothic 4 installed on my computer and it did it's own updates so I have no Idea what version that changes the game to so its hard to pick a trainer also.

Then it says Gothic 4 Version 1.1.0 and then some of them say +8 or +11. I also have NO IDEA what that +8 Or +11 means either. I have entered cheat cosed Via changing a .INI, XML, CONF files before and they have always worked.

This is the very first time that I simply CAN NOT get a cheat cose to work AT ALL for me. I know the game hasn't been out very long so maybe some of these guys are just making stuff up just to mess with people.

That might be because there are so many different ones to try. I didn't think there would be that many of them out already. any way If I don't get someone to tell me what I'm doing wrong or why its not working for me then I'll just give it up.

3 or 4 days of trying different way is enough for me. I'll try it one or two more time if someone tells me 1 that sounds like it might work the next time. Why this one is so hard I'll NEVER know.

So if anyone can see what I'm doing wrong by looking at the attached picture file I'm sending with this e-mail I would love it but if I get another bunch of the ones that won't work I'll just give it up and play the game the way it came out of the box I guess.

If anyone has any suggestions that would be great and I would thank you VERY VERY much for your help in advance.

Thanks.

Mike

Attachments

• cheat code Instructions.JPG
    cheat code Instructions.JPG
    177 KB · Views: 54
Yeah, the cheat code line is bad code. Compare it to the others, and you'll see you missed quotation marks and a space.

Yes, you forgot the second " , and there's also a space missing compared to other lines, which may or may not be harmful.

And you very likely have a key in the upper left that is ` normally and ~ if you push the shift key. Hence `/~

Back
Top Bottom