Gothic 3 Trouble Running Gothic 3 in Windows 7

catbelly36

Traveler
Hi everyone. I just got Gothic 3 today and after the install when I try to play it I keep getting an error message that says, "Compile shader material cache-this may take several minutes". If I hit okay the screen goes dark but nothing ever happens and I eventually have to control-alt-delete to get out of there. SIGH

I know this game was made for XP, but I'm wondering if it is possible to run it on Windows 7 and if you guys have ever gotten this error message?

Thanks for your help!
Tracy

Not at first but my problem was around my sound driver which affected performance - had to go back to an old one. My PC hardware is in the main 6 years old (except my graphics card). Also used the Community patch as it also cures various bugs.

Works fine.

regards

Hi everyone. I just got Gothic 3 today and after the install when I try to play it I keep getting an error message that says, "Compile shader material cache-this may take several minutes". If I hit okay the screen goes dark but nothing ever happens and I eventually have to control-alt-delete to get out of there. SIGH

I know this game was made for XP, but I'm wondering if it is possible to run it on Windows 7 and if you guys have ever gotten this error message?

Runs fine on my Win 7 32bit system. What are you system specifications?

Hi everyone. Thanks for your replies. I DID get it to run today thanks to the patch! You're a genius Maylander. :)

Hopefully it'll keep running smoothly, so far so good. But I'm happy to know I can come back here and get help if I need it.

Thanks again you guys,
Tracy

Sure thing, good luck and have fun!

Oh, and welcome. :)

Hi guys.. I downloaded Gothic 3 from TPB and the patch was included.. I have the same problem: Black screen and "Compile shader material cache, this may take several minutes!!! Press buttonto start". I waited of course but nothing happened..

P.S.: I've got Windows 7

Tried to download the last version of the patch and install it over anyways ?
Worth a shot perhaps ? After that try to reinstall outside of the programs folder (i.e. in c:\Gothic 3)…

Can't think of anything else…

Thanks man I am going to try that when I'll have some free time.

Ah let me guess, TPB is the Pirate bay ?

Heh, silly me :rolleyes: that didn't click somehow...

Back
Top Bottom