Skyrim - Collector's Edition Announced

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Bethsoft has announced the Collector's Edition for Skyrim on the Bethblog. It's quite a nice pack, though the price of your first-born and $149.99 US or Euro and $199.99 AUD is pretty steep. Here we go:

• Alduin Statue: Created in conjunction with the IP Factory, this collector’s only statue stands 12” tall and is made of high quality PVC. Modeled from actual in-game 3D digital files, it showcases Alduin, the World Eater. He stands perched atop one the game’s many dragon walls that teach the player the lethal language of dragons.
  • ‘The Art of Skyrim’ Official Art Book: Featuring over 200 pages of striking, full-color illustrations, sketches and models, this stunning 9 3/8” x 12 1/8” coffee table book showcases the characters, creatures, environments, and weaponry of Skyrim. With a foreword by game director Todd Howard and commentary from Bethesda Game Studios artists, readers will be guided through the game’s iconic visual style.
  • ‘The Making of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim’ DVD This documentary DVD contains exclusive, behind-the-scenes footage, including interviews with the Bethesda Game Studios team as they take you from concept to creation and provide insights into the story, gameplay, setting, legacy of the Elder Scrolls franchise, and much more.
Thanks, crpgnut!
More information.

$150 for a crappy statue, a making of DVD you might watch once (and which will be on youtube within a week) and an art book which will also be scanned and online within a week.

Um, no. Bethesda is 2 for 2 in the greedy idiot department this week.

$150 for a crappy statue, a making of DVD you might watch once (and which will be on youtube within a week) and an art book which will also be scanned and online within a week.

Um, no. Bethesda is 2 for 2 in the greedy idiot department this week.

+1!

That's an insane priced... How much do they plan to sell that game?

Glad I just gave up boxes, else I would be tempted. I never cared about statues though, not sure why statues are the new thing to put in collector's editions (Two Worlds 2, Witcher 2, Duke Nukem Forever).

I hope there is a digital version that included the art book as pdf.

I'm a huge ES fan but this price is entirely too high. Something in the range of $85 or so would be a bit more reasonable.

You would pay extra for a pdf artbook?

Not sure. Direct2Drive got the "All Roads" novel as a pdf for free as a bonus with New Vegas. GOG had the Witcher 2 art book as a pdf bonus. Something like that from some vendor would be nice.

If they did a digital deluxe edition with that plus some other stuff for $10 more I might bite. I got the Deus Ex 3 deluxe edition for the soundtrack, art book and making-of video.

Art book - bah, I'll make my own screenshots and they will mean a lot more to me than some concept sketch.

Statue - looks nice but, at that price, it should at least be brass. Obsidian would be awesome.

P.S. Enlarge the image and you can see a good bit of the map!

Very expensive !!! Love the map even though its useless but they could charge 250 and the kids would eat it up. Game publishers are completely out of touch with the game community. This is just pure greed.

Atleast they didnt give extra missions in the CE that we know of.

€150? Thats over $200 at current rates. That's just silly.

sure its over priced, but this is Skyrim! I'm actually considering it. I enjoy collecting these things. The art book is something that I'll enjoy very much, and I'll add it to the others I have in my hobby/game room. I'll place the dragon on the shelf next to Geralt's bust and the Dragon Queen from Two Worlds.

What's helping me make the decision to buy is that I already committed to reserve both the PC and XBOX versions ($128), so I'll cancel them both and get the PC collectors edition instead.

£129.99?? That's around $213 at the moment. Was going to get the CE but not at those ridiculous prices.

The price is pretty ridiculous, but that's nothing compared to the act of actually paying it :)

The Oz version is $200. Since the $AUS is worth MORE than the $US currently, please explain that price to me!! Anyone know which US suppliers will currently ship games to Oz? (AT a reasonable shipping price) I know Amazon doesn't.

€150? Thats over $200 at current rates. That's just silly.

I have the suspicion that they want to get additional money that possible pirates are going to take away from that.

But anyway, that's just the way of capitalism : The constant try to maximize the profits …

Back
Top Bottom