The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

I plan to be online at 12pm (just when the server is up again). It would be nice to have some company.

Remember that when we purchase amenities we can easily shut them down and move them to new locations. Once they are bought they are ours. That means amenities we later decide not to use. They are available for placement in the future. So we don't lose anything by experimenting on placement.

So the main job now is to get the ship up and running with amenities. We find some locations for them. Then on Friday we can discuss the most optimal location of the different amenities.

I think the only amenities important to place are the ones you need to visit regularly to do something (bank, tavern, house C crafting etc.). Those only giving buffs can be acquired from the buff button without having to ever visit them.

I tested out a bit on Lamannia and found that the first floor could be nice to place the
sellsword tavern and Orien express just to the left of the entrance. Then the house C crafting can be just straight of the entrance. This way you can go between tavern, bank and crafting in a very short distance.

If people like to use the training dummy we need to find the amenity giving that and place it not so far from the entrance too. The large amenities are in the middle of the ship and the small ones in side rooms along the middle corridor.

Our ship will have 3 decks so some amenities will have to be placed deeper in the ship.

Just a small warning. The exit from each deck is not that easy to find so I expect some search parties having to be formed to find lost guild members. :)

I plan to be there as soon as it comes up. I'll ping you on skype when I'm ready.

Looks like Turbine got the message on cost of ETR hearts

Found this while waiting for them to post release notes … it's by Vargouille. Wish they'd post the notes now so we could review them while waiting.

Anyway, my guess is that very few players are bothering to ETR, and just heroic TR'ing instead (because of the cost of the ETR hearts and the ridiculous no. of CoV's required to earn an ETR heart). Bottom line is that they're planning on giving you 2 seeds instead of CoV's once you hit cap. So 21 quests & you have an ETR heart. Thread is at:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/443414-Earning-Epic-and-Iconic-Hearts-of-Wood

We've been looking for ways to improve the experience of earning Epic and Iconic Hearts of Wood. After several rounds of iteration with the Player's Council, this is the direction we're moving towards. (This would come some time after Update 22.)

While your character is at level cap, completing epic quests adds 2 Heart Seeds into the End Reward list for that quest. This only applies to quests where Commendations of Valor already show up, including Epic Quests, on Normal, Hard, or Elite, that aren't ransacked.

Some notes and explanations:

Reminder that you can turn 100 Bind-to-Character Commendations of Valor into 1 Bind-to-Account Heart Seed, and can turn in 42 Heart Seeds into either an Epic Heart of Wood or Iconic True Heart of Wood.
You'll continue to see Commendations of Valor in End Reward lists upon reaching level cap. This doesn't replace Commendations, but adds an additional End Reward choice.
This intentionally doesn’t affect Thunderforged Crafting or other existing or future uses of Commendations of Valor, only Reincarnation.
This doesn’t touch the current amounts players earn in any way. The players currently earninga full heart (or more) while they level up can keep doing that.

We considered more complicated ideas, but we're not sure it’s necessary for the goal we’re trying to achieve, and this is an otherwise simple solution. For example, we could reward Elite over Normal, or reward high level quests over low level quests. But that's already true for Commendations of Valor, and this is intended as an extra aid for players who have hit the level cap and are in a rush to Reincarnate, yet haven't earned enough Commendations of Valor along the way.

We're also aware some players might decide to only farm for Reincarnation at cap, and take other rewards while leveling up. If this partially devalues Commendations of Valor so other end-reward options feel like more viable choices, that's perhaps not inherently bad.

As we realize Hearts of Wood are important to many of our players, we'd like to hear your feedback.

I guess this means people will stay at level 28 and then start farming for seeds. That is much faster than getting commendations of valor on the way to level 28.

So maybe some of us can work our way to level 28 and then start farming for seeds? I think we have a few not far from level 28. My fighter is almost level 27.

Since the seeds are bound to account it means you can keep a toon up at level 28 and farm for others you want to bring to 28 and then ETR.

The server downtime has been extended to 3pm EST.

Ref: UPDATE: Today's downtime has been extended until 3:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT). We will keep you updated!

What a surprise ...

Ok, I'll be back later then ... going to go do something productive.

Always plan on extended downtime.

It took them awhile didn't it? ETR has been around a year, with numerous threads stating they were too high. So I guess another year and maybe the amenities prices will be in plat, and not at such an insane rate either.

DANGER: On New Ship 2nd Level

New ship has some nice things, but be careful on the 2nd lower deck:

If you walk from the bathhouse north, then head west there is a room with explosive barrels (visible) and other nasty things (not visible). DON"T GO IN THERE!!! It was instant death for CM's Kerriakan, and it took a pretty good hunk out of Peter's epic level fighter.

Corwin: Don't even go into the 2nd lower deck … there is nothing you need down there. You can get all the buffs except the legacy ones in the cargo hold from the button on the main deck. Then you can go to the cargo hold & get the resists & XP shrine. The resists stack.

Oh, if you're wondering why we don't just get rid of the "Danger" room, it's because it gives you some nice trapper buffs.

I actually like the new layout. Fine work by the guildees that took the time to do it. Only thing I might recommend changing is figuring out a way to add Bash (+1 loot boost). Perhaps dropping the dodge/AC boost, since we prefer to live dangerously anyway?

Simple new loop: Hit the "all in one" buff button. Goto deck 1, hit tavern to sell/repair/hire tards, hit bank. Goto cargo hold, hit legacy XP shrine and legacy elemental resist shrines. Goto top deck, hit captain and get to questin. Rinse and repeat.

… Only thing I might recommend changing is figuring out a way to add Bash (+1 loot boost). Perhaps dropping the dodge/AC boost, since we prefer to live dangerously anyway? …
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want that dodge/AC boost! I NEED that dodge/AC boost! You can't take that away! *SOBS*

My poor little cleric doesn't like to live dangerously … she's adamantly opposed to living dangerously! Living dangerously is a wasteful use of spell points and leads to ludicrously high repair bills. She's also opposed to high repair bills, and has told me that she will not be wasting any spell points healing anyone who takes away her lovely new boost.

Ok, CM has solved the competing buff problem. If it's purchased, you get it, except for the loot boost, which is apparently bugged, and must be placed to get.

She's added some amenities, & we're testing. Also, the button on the main deck does not work for pets, but the one on the the 1st lower level does. It's in the "Proving Ground", aka where the training dummies are.

Bank Bags Disabled w/o Notice this Morning

Oh, bank bags have been disabled, with no notice at all. CM was in game when it happened, looking at the bag, and it simply disappeared while she was looking at it.

They have announced that it's temporarily disabled, but not if we're getting our stuff back. I called Account Services, and they checked and said we'll be getting any items we had in there back. But needless to say, they handled this poorly, as usual.

I added your loot buff Dte. And the Proving Grounds has the amenities button that will buff your dogs.

All available plat amenities have now been purchased. Both the Devourer Shrine (+15 acid & cold resists & spellpower) & the Silver Flame Shrine (+15 fire resist, +15 electric & light spellpower) have been upgraded to level 2, which adds 5% absorption to the resists. That leaves the Stormreaver shrine to upgrade.

Thank you to Peter for getting the ship and the initial ammenities, and to CM & JM for purchasing the rest of the plat ammenities, & upgrading the two shrines.

Corwin, you have been nominated to upgrade the Stormreaver shrine. We suggest you let Trevor do it, or one of us an walk you through it. It's a bit confusing at first.

Also, the main deck buff button gives you everything, but the one on the 1st lower deck does not. Suggest you use the main deck one to get your buffs. However, until it's fixed, we'll need to use the one on the 1st lower deck for pets.

Ship Amenities

It has occurred to me that being able to get all the buffs from the buff bar regardless of whether they are placed or not has to be a bug. Otherwise, there would be no point in purchasing a bigger ship to get more amenity slots. So, enjoy it while it lasts folks.

We need to agree what we ones are going to be kept in place permanently, and if anyone wants change one to get a different one, they need to promptly replace it with the original as soon as they've got the buff. And warn any guildies that are playing that they're doing so.

On Friday's guild runs we'll need to probably need coordinate any swaps. Not sure what the best way to do this is.

Can I please have a map for the ship? :) Are you sure it's not related to the Tardis; the inside sure seems larger than the outside!! :D

Which quests are we doing today? Litany and then hard Vision of destruction and Hound of Xoriat? We could even check on a few rares in the Subterranea (like the one with the runearm).

Is IQ1 on the schedule today too? Then I guess Amrath flagging quests will be later.

Back
Top Bottom