Pricewatch!

Some more good deals at GoGamer.com this week.

Mirror's Edge has been restocked, and is again on sale for $5.90. They're also offering Prey for only $2.90 over the next 90 hours, definitely a great deal.

Amazon.de

5 games 10 EUR

For example:
Space Siege
Fallout 1 or 2
Space Rangers 2

Some more good deals at GoGamer.com this week.

Mirror's Edge has been restocked, and is again on sale for $5.90. They're also offering Prey for only $2.90 over the next 90 hours, definitely a great deal.

Yeah, saw that today as well, great deal!

Anyone who would like to / wants to play Warhammer online should check the closing "Hertie" chain stores in Germany as soon as possible.

I have visited 2 of them today, and I found a few game software packages, and MASSES of game cards or what's the term for that.

And both with around 70 % off the price !

At least in the two stores I visited (in Hilden & in Langenfeld).

It's been stubbornly stuck at $39.99 at Best Buy, Target, and Walmart, so that's not a bad price, me thinks. After all the gushing around here, I'll probably pick it up when it gets dirt cheap, even though I'm not sure I'll really like it as much as I "should".

It's been stubbornly stuck at $39.99 at Best Buy, Target, and Walmart, so that's not a bad price, me thinks. After all the gushing around here, I'll probably pick it up when it gets dirt cheap, even though I'm not sure I'll really like it as much as I "should".

dte, The Witcher is fantastic, although definitely heavy on twitch skills. You can get a new copy on Ebay for around $25 if you're patient. Make sure you get the EE version if you decide to get it.

The problem is that the people doing the most cheerleading for Witcher are the same folks that do the most cheerleading for Gothic. I just couldn't get into Gothic1 in spite of multiple starts. I don't doubt that the malfunction is on my side, but it is what it is, and it makes me wary of grabbing Witcher.

The problem is that the people doing the most cheerleading for Witcher are the same folks that do the most cheerleading for Gothic. I just couldn't get into Gothic1 in spite of multiple starts. I don't doubt that the malfunction is on my side, but it is what it is, and it makes me wary of grabbing Witcher.

Download the demo and give it a try. Just keep in mind that the demo only consist of the first chapter, and the game doesn't really start gaining momentum until Chapter 2.

Same here buddy, Gothic and Witcher belong to the same family of games which we just don't like.

thank goodness there are others. I was getting pretty lonely there for awhile.

Not sure if the demo is representative enough to recommend. It sort of left me flat. Too much back and forth for my taste.

The Witcher demo really felt more like an action game rather than an RPG.

Based on everything I've heard from people that I trust (almost all of them "residing" here), I have no doubt that both games are excellent. I just have different selling points. Roll player versus role player. As a spreadsheet gamer, I put very little value on a living, breathing world with detailed and realistic NPC schedules. I can appreciate what that brings to a game, but ultimately it just doesn't "put much weight on the scale" for me. It's chrome trim, not the transmission. For people like Sammy and Jaz, who will pick their equipment because it "looks right for the role I'm playing" (don't get me wrong--I've always been a bit jealous of their ability to create and be true to such detailed personalities), a realistic, dynamic world to move in probably approaches Holy Grail status.

Different strokes and all... Eventually, the price on Witcher will drop low enough that I'll pick it up, just as I did with Gothic1. Don't know whether I'll get past the first map, but eventually I'll give it a shot and hope to be pleasantly surprised.

Back
Top Bottom