Dead Space

How difficult is it, d_p?

Well, I'm playing it on Medium, and I haven't found anything particularly difficult. If you explore the environment thoroughly you'll have plenty of money and ammo, so you won't need to be conservative about firing. So enemies very rarely manage to get up close to me, and even if they do the game goes into a 'hand-to-hand combat sequence' mode where you have to press the 'E' key repeatedly in order to get the creature of you.

So, I'm thinking that playing it on easy should be a breeze, especially if you collect everything and upgrade your armor, weapons, etc at nano-augmentation-tables, or whatever they're called.

Sounds like I might be able to handle it. Thanks for the info!

I regret that i didn't explore better in the first 3 chapters. I have had one really tough fight which made me deplete all my ammo, meds and health. It was very exiting, and frustrating and liberating. However, since the atmosphere is so great i really wished i was playing it on easy first time through.

The biggest strength is the seemless world as d_p mentioned. There really isn't a safe place to manage your inventories, or look at the map. You are always in the world, doing those stuff. (And it is working great adding alot to the game)

Yes, the space that is dead is called "dead space".

Isn't space eternal? That would make space immortal. If it's dead it's undead, meaning dead space must be undead space. Or one can say space isn't alive at all, which might indeed suggest that it's simply dead.

Isn't space eternal? That would make space immortal. If it's dead it's undead, meaning dead space must be undead space. Or one can say space isn't alive at all, which might indeed suggest that it's simply dead.

Any phycisists here, please correct me if I'm wrong.

According to Bigbang theory, space/ the universe all started at one point in time (which actually didn't exist before the bang (I know there's a contradiction in this sentence)). The verdict is still out on whether it will collapse again (possibly creating another one) or expand forever.

Isn't space eternal?

You can easily calculate the size of space, according to the big bang theory, you can take the time big bang started, and the universe started to expand at the speed of light at that time. Just multiply the speed of light by the number of seconds passed since big bang.

You can easily calculate the size of space, according to the big bang theory, you can take the time big bang started, and the universe started to expand at the speed of light at that time. Just multiply the speed of light by the number of seconds passed since big bang.

But that's just the size. I would assume that space is equally dead or alive no matter it's size.

According to Bigbang theory, space/ the universe all started at one point in time (which actually didn't exist before the bang (I know there's a contradiction in this sentence)). The verdict is still out on whether it will collapse again (possibly creating another one) or expand forever.

Would this suggest that space was at least born?

But to be born, there has to be a predecessor of some sort, yes? The Mother of the Big Bang...sounds like a movie sequel. Of course, I suppose it could have been stillborn, which would make space dead but yet active, which sounds like undead to me.

I can imagine what *kind* of movie sequel that would be.

That thought crossed my mind, too. I decided to keep things to outer space rather than inner spaces in order to maintain at least a sliver of a tie to the original topic. :D

BTW, this is a decent example of a cross-topic-bane. Pinnen would have made the transition less jarring (harder to pinpoint) and the ties between the 2 directions probably would have been a bit closer, but it's a fair taste of the flavor.

Just nabbed a new copy of Dead Space for cheap on Ebay. It'll probably be a while before I actually play it though.

There are like ten games released this autumn that I wanted to play but it will have to wait until the middle of december. >_<

Back
Top Bottom