Witcher 3 The suffering is real...

The Witcher 3

Thaurin

SasqWatch
I was just in the PC hardware shop, so very, very close to buying a new nVidia 960 GTX graphics card that includes a free TW3 game... instead I walked out without a new toy. I can't take this anymore!! Stop talking about how cool the game is! Can't you all just go back to talking about how horrible the graphics look after the downgrade?! :end:

I was just in the PC hardware shop, so very, very close to buying a new nVidia 960 GTX graphics card that includes a free TW3 game… instead I walked out without a new toy. I can't take this anymore!! Stop talking about how cool the game is! Can't you all just go back to talking about how horrible the graphics look after the downgrade?! :end:

I feel your pain. Since you ask so nicely, I have decided that I won't post any more about this TW3.

pibbur who, when thinking about it, suspects that he hasn't posted anything at all about said game.

I have the TW3 and a GTX970 and had only time to play it for just 3 hours this week. Good that a long weekend comes now.

Of all the unplayed games on my list. I have the most fun with tw3.

These nvidia cards, is it a Steam code or a GOG one they include? I'm tempted too, but I see no mention of the distribution platform anywhere...

These nvidia cards, is it a Steam code or a GOG one they include? I'm tempted too, but I see no mention of the distribution platform anywhere…

The salespeople, who were pretty nice, thought it was a Steam key (EDIT: although, I really thought it was a GOG key and that would make more sense to me, given CDPR's deal, but okay. It seemed as if the sales people didn't know about the very existence GOG in the first place, actually). You get a little scratch off code that you have to enter on the nVidia site, which will get you the key.

I've been reading about all these people who claim how this is the best RPG they've played in years, some claiming it's the best since Baldur's Gate 2 and comparing it to Gothic! I know that people can talk in hyperboles, especially so close after release, but…

I can still go back to the shop and get the card + game on Saturday, it's only 200,-. Haha… only 200,-…

Not like I have 20 games to play first, of course…

But seriously, the feel of the game, the atmosphere, etc. Is it even close to what some people say? I don't care about the drama, how people describe it is like it's different from any other RPG in years!

Last edited:
It is Thaurin. It really, REALLY is. I will go on the limb and promise you that you will not be sorry to break down and buy it :)

When people start comparing it to Gothic 2 you know it's good.

I hope that was helpful för your suffering ;)

To be honest i haven't played much at all, like the perfectionist i am, i think i'll wait for at least 1 more patch.. so the good side of it is that if you can't play it now you'll instead enjoy a better game for your first playthrough, better than those who finishes it now (not saying it's bad, just that it can get even better!)

When people start comparing it to Gothic 2 you know it's good.

I couldn't never get into Gothic 2...but I love The Witcher 3.

I've been reading about all these people who claim how this is the best RPG they've played in years, some claiming it's the best since Baldur's Gate 2 and comparing it to Gothic! I know that people can talk in hyperboles, especially so close after release, but…

Let me put it this way: That game, which I have promised not to mention, is as close to the Second Coming as you can get….

pibbur who atm has played it for 30 minutes

You guys are just playing with me. :D

I'm certainly not. Since quite a bit of money is involved (for GPU) baiting you into buying it for a crappy game wouldn't be much of a joke would it?

Aside from the PR drama talk, I've not really read any real negativity on the game, aside from Metacritic, but that's just fun to read when you're bored. Examples, just for kicks:

"Graphics at ultra are awful, skyrim with HD mods looks like 10 times better and I hate skyrim... " Dop, 2/10

"Gameplay is the most important however even that is absolute garbage" hrsr0, 3/10

"Terrible controls, cumbersome UI and crafting system, sluggish combat" somedude, 1/10

"Really boring single player MMO. It is a not very well done mix between Dragon Age: Inquistion(graphics) and SWTOR(story)." ajaxaddicted, 4/10

"I really hope the programmers that made this package 15 years ago are still getting royalties. Hire programmers to link a bunch of framework together then create a team of only artists to rehash it into 100 different games. The Witcher is awful. " bumblaclad, 1/10

Entertainment right there. :biggrin:

:lol:

Or this:

"I honestly would feel cheated if I had paid for this game, I have a pretty powerful computer and the graphics look like they belong on a Wii U." Exist2Resist, 1/10

Hehehehe. :biggrin: People suck!

But seriously, another day, another chance. I'll look into going back to the store tomorrow. :) Thanks for the reinforcements.

You're welcome.

One other thing, the salespeople there told me that, actually, a lot of people had come to them about upgrades specifically for this game. So I guess the PR has worked!

Well to me it doesn't really feel too much different than any other open world single person game, except the quality is much better. You get the witcher lore and stuff, plus you've got to love Geralt (well at least his sarcasm) but it's still pretty much about looting and killing. Not much really groundbreaking... Although I like the card game, and the quests so far have been well designed. The characters are pretty good and funny sometimes. The lady with the missing pan was a hoot. :)

You know, the only things that stood out in that comment were:

Well to me it doesn't really feel too much different than any other open world single person game, except the quality is much better. [...] I like the card game, and the quests so far have been well designed. The characters are pretty good and funny sometimes. The lady with the missing pan was a hoot. :)

So what's the problem here? :D

Back
Top Bottom