Drakensang: TDE - Mega-Mod The Eye of the Goddess Released

Gorath

Prime Evil
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
ood news for our German speaking community members: After three years in the making, the Drakensang mod Das Auge der Göttin ("The Eye of the Goddess" (transl.)) has been released. An English translation is being considered.

Malgorra ist besiegt, Umbracor befreit. Doch das nächste Abenteuer wartet bereits. Zurück in Ferdok werden die Helden beauftragt einen entflohenden Verbrecher dingfest zu machen. Auf ihrer Suche führt die Begegnung mit einem hilfesuchenden Händler schließlich dazu, dass sich die Ereignisse überschlagen. Wer ist der mysteriöse Einäugige, der für seine Ziele nicht einmal davor zurückschreckt einen Praios-Geweihten zu töten und welche finsteren Pläne verfolgt er? Was hat es mit den geheimnisvollen Forschungen von Erzmagier Rakorium auf sich? Besteht vielleicht ein Zusammenhang zwischen seinen Forschungen und den Statuettenteilen, die den Helden in die Hände fallen?

Die Mod Das Auge der Göttin schließt direkt an das Hauptspiel an und führt den Spieler auf eine neue Reise quer durch den Kosch, bei der es neue Abenteuer zu erleben und neue Geheimnisse zu entdecken gibt.
The mod adds new content after the Drakensang main game. You need a late Drakensang savegame, either your own or the one provided by the mod team.

Here's the content included in the mod:

- ca. 20 – 30 hours play time
- quick travel points
- 272 new quests
- 250 new dialogs with voice acting
- respawning plants
And if you're not convinced yet:
- cookies

More information.

About that first letter in the article, Gorath....

So is this only a mod for the original game or for River of Time?

Corrected it.

The mod is for Drakensang: TDE, not River of Time.

Would love to see an English translation. That might motivate me to play through TDE again.

Played the mod a lot the last two or three days and atm I'm very ambivalent about it.
At first I was disappointed when a bunch of street thugs suddenly were able to kill my epic adventurers. Then I adjusted my expectations (and started to use "ugly" equiqment and potions again) and had some fun with looting and leveling a bit more - until I had one of this bossfights where you just don't know what to do - the mod isn't interesting enough to sacrifice my spare time to figure that battle out; I put it on the backlog until there is some guide for it on the interwebs.

Cool to know about, thanks for the news post Gorath. I'll also add my voice to those interested in an English translation... :)

Would love to pick up Drakensang again. Here's hoping for an English version of the mod.

I have good news for you. An English version of our mod will come.

Always liked Drakensang. I should get back to it one of these days. Maybe that English translation...

Whats's this?! More of my favorite RPG series ever?! .... I think I've died and went to Aventuria.

I have good news for you. An English version of our mod will come.

Great news.

BTW how much did you change original locations? I know that basic layout cant be changed so I wonder if you were able to bring some fresh feel into the maps.

As you have already said it is impossible to actually create something new because of the technical settings/features. So we tried to be creative by using all the means that were at hand. We made some new NPCs and created some new dungeons, recipes and effects. The altering of complete levels is not possible because of the blind spots in the nav meshes. We used all levels for our new story except Gruldur.

It is a complete new story that starts after Malgorra is defeated.

You can find some screnshots here
and the German Trailer here to get an impression of our new mod.

Why is my Avast going nuts when I try to view screenshots from your mod LD? Main site is ok but when I click on the screenshot link Avast panics!

I don't know. The site is okay. Otherwise i wouldn't have linked the pictures.

I know and I went there anyway :) False alarm.

We made some new NPCs and created some new dungeons, recipes and effects. The altering of complete levels is not possible because of the blind spots in the nav meshes. We used all levels for our new story except Gruldur.

Thanks for answer. Does it mean that for example Talon is renamed and represents new town in the mod?

You can find some screnshots here

The first screenshot - is it just camera angle or you were able to make plants bigger? It would look like some faeries' world when bushes, plants, trees have very different size… :)

No, Tallon ist still Tallon but you can visit the Ugdan-Harbour at night or the brewery of Ferdok.

It's not the camera angle, the plants really are bigger. We found out how to do that. And yes, you will also visit a fairy world during a side quest.

Back
Top Bottom