Blizzard announced a new IP - Overwatch

Flying Dutchman

Watcher
"Today during Blizzcon, World of Warcraft developer Blizzard Entertainment announced an all-new franchise called Overwatch, just as was rumored. Development on the game is being led by Jeff Kaplan, a former World of Warcraft game director.

Kaplan says Overwatch is an action-packed, team-based multiplayer shooter. Blizzard showed off gameplay during the presentation today, and the game gives off a Team Fortress 2 vibe, for sure. You can find out for yourself soon enough, as a beta will be available starting in 2015."

2721431-overwatch2.jpg

2721428-new.jpg

2721426-new1.jpg

More here.

Cinematic trailer.

Gameplay trailer.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Such inspired creativity!!!!! …. not. Welcome to the age of mediocrity. Constantly recycled ideas is not my dream for post millennium gaming.

I'll pass as this doesn't interest me at all. I have a feeling the last Blizzard game I will buy is the next Starcraft 2 expansion in a few months from now.

Hahahahahahaha this is real? Blizzard is turning into an utterly lamentable company, another Zynga that copies successful free-to-play games and adds its layer of generic art on top of it. This is them doing it with the 80 millions they have wasted on Titan in order to recuperate the assets they have created. After Magic The Gathering they are now doing this for Team Fortress 2.

It makes me think of the Might and Magic counter-strike clone called Legends of Might and Magic from had the same aim to recuperate assets from a botched project:

Hahahahahahaha this is real? Blizzard is turning into an utterly lamentable company, another Zynga that copies successful free-to-play games and adds its layer of generic art on top of it. This is them doing it with the 80 millions they have wasted on Titan in order to recuperate the assets they have created. After Magic The Gathering they are now doing this for Team Fortress 2.

Yeah, I agree. It looks rather generic. If this was supposed to be Titan, then I'm hugely disappointed...

I wasn't expecting Warcraft 4 or anything, but wow.. this was underwhelming despite my low expectations, especially since they're already working on Heroes of the Storm (MOBA game).

The more money and power you have, the less interesting your games become?

Sad lesson ;)

Just watched the Trailer.
Main theme : "Power. Don't you want to be THAT powerful, too ?"

Thoughts?

Gameplay is being dismissed.
What gameplay does this video exhibit? It is review of the available characters in the game, it does not go further.
Gameplay? Hard to tell anything about it, there is obviously synergy to be expected between various characters but they are all staged to make them look cool.

It looks disgusting... ooo well... I did like hearthstone, which is more or less the first blizzard thing I really enjoyed... so no expectations from me...

Looks too much like Team Fortress in my opinion.

Originality was never part of Blizzard's business model. Their magic is in the implementation.

Back
Top Bottom