Gothic 3 Ortega missing (do I have to restart) - spoilers

Mr Wonderstuff

Traveler
I've put it a good 10-15 hours into this game have hit a problem which I think requires me to restart.

I have only one last quest to do in the starting area (including Cape Dun) and thats the bandit one. I have been to Ortega's hideout and cant seem to find him, having disposed of everyone there (and the bandits in the surrounding countryside). Where is he?

If I succeed in this quest then I assume my rating with the Orcs will go up (its currently at 70%) so I can get to the next mission (or at least talk to the Head Orc and also get into the hut below the lighthouse in Cape Dun).

The only mission I passed on was finding an escaped slave as I didn't agree with doing it. Should I have done this?

Do I start my own riot and kill all the orcs in Cape Dun, restart a new character or what?

Thanks.

Yes doing the 2 slaves quests gives higher reputation and has no ill effects.

Ortega should be with the bandits..."in a cave somewhere in the north" ...head slightly north-west of Phil the hunter.

Your sure you found the right cave?
His is directly underneat Iomar (sp), if you are standing at the Stone Circle where you get the "Hunt the Shy Deer" quest and lookand walktowards Iomar, you will go down in a little valley with Ortega's Cave.
If you can't find him and you are in the right cave use the console to Spawn Ortega, I would think the even though its only one point of Rep its very important.
Here is a pic, Jager is actuall Chris in English I think.
http://home.arcor.de/fiesmeister/G3/ortega.jpg

Ortega is one of the characters known for falling through the world, to get him back:
1. Go to menu using the esc button
2. Write "marvin" and press enter
3. Go back into the game
4. Press the console activation key, on norwegian setups that's |, but on most others it's ^ I think. Just try different buttons - you'll know when the console drops down as it covers 1/3 of the screen
5. Write "spawn Ortega" or "goto Ortega". The first command will spawn a new one, the second one will take you to the original even if he's "under" the world. If you do that, make sure you have a teleport stone to get you back up, or write "goto Norris" - that will take you to Norris in Reddock.

Back
Top Bottom