Dreadline - Interview @ RPG Codex

Dhruin

SasqWatch
We haven't introduced Dreadline yet, so let's start with that. A "a Diablo/Freedom Force mashup, but faster and with more blood!" action/RPG from Eerie Canal, formed by ex Irrational and Harmonix devs, the premise is certainly interesting. Check out a teaser here and this early question from RPG Codex's interview covers the core concept:
Dreadline's premise - controlling a group of monsters who travel through time to kill those who are already doomed to die in history's calamities - definitely makes it stand out, as does the look. What were the main inspirations behind the game's unique concept and art style?
BB: Steven is a huge Edward Gorey fan, which explains a lot of the look. We are also trying to bring the creepy look of '70's animation, which I don't think has been represented much in video games. Cartoons like The Hobbit and Watership Down were terrifying!

The concept just came from us throwing around ideas for a few weeks. We all generally have dark senses of humor, and this concept really cracked us up. We knew we were on to something right away.

AD: Yeah, Steve already has a pretty distinct drawing style, mix in Edward Gorey, Quantum leap, and Ancient aliens and I think you'd arrive at the same place.
More information.

hipster game, I can't play with that art design, I can't even look at it

Back
Top Bottom