Skyrim - 1.4.26 Beta Update

Dhruin

SasqWatch
A new beta patch is available for Skyrim:
Today on Steam we’ve uploaded a new Beta Update (1.4.26) highlighted by some tweaks modders have requested for the Skyrim Workshop.
Reminder: This patch is still in development. Apply the update at your own risk and only if you are affected by issues outlines below.
<strong style="text-decoration: underline;">UPDATE 1.4.26[/b]
LAUNCHER

• Fixed issue with downloading mods when you are subscribed to more than 50 mods
  • Fixed crash when loading a subscribed mod that has been removed from Workshop by the author
  • Mod load order functionality
BUG FIXES (PC only)

• Fixed occasional crashes when loading a save that relies on plugins/master files that no longer exist
  • Fixed issue where controls would become unresponsive while charging an enchanted weapon
  • Fixed issue where controls would occasionally become unresponsive while switching from third to first person while using the Arcane Enchanter
  • Fixed issue where controls would become unresponsive if activating a crafting station with autorun active
  • Fixed issue where keyboard would fail if Rename Item was selected before choosing the number of charges, while using Arcane Enchanter
  • Fixed several issues with remapping buttons while using an Xbox 360 controller
  • Fixed issue where pressing Escape button after fast traveling but before the loading would cause certain menus to stop working properly
More information.

Skyrim crushes when i try to play with HD textures mod :(
(Win XP 32 bit , problem)

Wonder if they will try to fix that >

How much RAM do you have? Personally I wouldn't start pointing fingers at Bethesda if you are trying to install an optional high-res texture pack and are still running Windows XP. :)

if you can upgrade to win xp 64 should fix your problem

all these patches gone by, still no support for the basic dual-wield issues that someone wanting to properly dual wield different weapons has to deal with. I havent played it in a while but havent seen anything in the patch notes about it.

Not according to the Steam website. It specifically says Vista or Windows 7.

It does say that. But if I had Win xp 32 and had a Win xp 64 disc, I'd give it a shot.

I have two options in my Steam Beta participation:

1. Skyrim Beta
2. Skyrim Beta Update

Which one do I choose? Does everyone have two options?

Which one do I choose? Does everyone have two options?

I see the same two choices. No idea which one I'd pick if I wanted to use the beta patch. Typical Steam ambiguity at work.

The problem is you are running winxp....my god why?

I'm guessing we should pick "Skyrim Beta Update"

They are two different updates (I tried downloading each one and they are different file sizes.)

"Skyrim Beta" must be the old pre-release 1.4.1 beta and "Skyrim Beta Update" must be the 1.4.26 file.

I am on Win7 32-bit with 4GB RAM and the game still crashes at the start-up with HD texture pack installed. After searching on forums, I found that if you use a modified d3d9.dll (for post-process injectors), it will conflict with the texture pack. However, even after disabling it, the game still crashes. I need to experiment by switching to 64-bit OS. But I am reluctant to do so, as the driver support for 64-bit isn't reliable..or so I've heard.

I am on Win7 32-bit with 4GB RAM and the game still crashes at the start-up with HD texture pack installed. After searching on forums, I found that if you use a modified d3d9.dll (for post-process injectors), it will conflict with the texture pack. However, even after disabling it, the game still crashes. I need to experiment by switching to 64-bit OS. But I am reluctant to do so, as the driver support for 64-bit isn't reliable..or so I've heard.

I switched to Windows 7 64-bit some time ago and I've had no isuses with drivers. I know that there used to be serious issues with vendors not having 64-bit drivers, but I think it's largely a thing of the past. win 7 x64 can also run 32-bit code, so you don't really lose anything - many games are still compiled for 32-bit targets. Also, Win 7 32-bit will only be able to address (optimistically) 4 GB less Gfx Card Ram… which is rather limiting.

Some of the time its not a RAM issue, but a VRAM issue (VRAM is the quantity of memory your video card has, not system memory), so be sure to check if your video card has preferably 1gb vram for the HD texture pack. Some people might be able to play them with less than 1gb vram, but they might have a 64bit system with over 4gb ram. (this is because skyrim uses Vram first, then starts using system RAM when its not enough)

In my system for example, i'm using up nearly 1gb VRAM and over 1,9gb for the Skyrim system process. If you have a 32bit system (max 3Gb system memory useable) and for example 512kb Vram, its probable that your skyrim might not find that lots of fun.

Fortunately, I have 2GB VRAM on my GTX 560 Ti!! I specifically chose this card as I read on forums how players struggled to keep good frames/second with BF3 on max settings due to 1 GB of RAM, while had smooth gameplay experience with 2GB. I absolutely do NOT play BF3 or anything similar, but it was evident that games now-a-days have started utilizing more than 1GB VRAM. And I knew I *had* to play Skyrim on ULTRA settings, that too on my 42-inch 3D HDTV!!! :)

I switched to Windows 7 64-bit some time ago and I've had no isuses with drivers.

Good to know! This weekend I plan to install 64-bit Win7. Hopefully then my system will be able to utilize full 4GB RAM. If needed I will add another 4GB.

I can't wait to play Skyrim with my 550ti. It's a massive upgrade from my GTS240, but not nearly as nice as a 560ti. Still it will seem supreme compared to what I was used to playing.

I'm still having fun with Reckoning though, so Skyrim is on the backburner for right now. I'm kinda surprised that I'm still playing Reckoning. I guess I'm a loot addict.

I am on Win7 32-bit with 4GB RAM and the game still crashes at the start-up with HD texture pack installed.

I had the exact same problem. I was using Win7 32-bit with 4GB RAM. You'll notice that under Win7 32-bit Windows recognizes all your RAM but also points out that it is utilizing only 3GB (Right-Click My Computer and select Properties to see this).

I had Win7 32-bit installed because I never could get Dungeon Siege to work on 64-bit. I use Dungeon Siege to play the remakes of U5 and U6.

But I decided to scrap that and went ahead and spent a day formatting the hard drive and reinstalling with 64-bit windows. Skyrim runs fine now with the HD texture pack. Can't get Dungeon Siege to work now.

Just FYI, I have 2008 computer and had zero issues with drivers for Win7 64-bit. It does take forever and ever though for windows to update itself fully after you have installed Win7. It took about and hour and a half to partition, format, install Win7, and my current games. It then took the entire rest of the day for windows to update itself.

Good on Bethesda for getting load order sorted. That was a long standing issue going back to Morrowind. Essential functionality at last!

BTW, I have made some compromises to partially use the HD Textures on my XP 32-bit 4 GB RAM and 1GB VRAM system that I'd like to share with others in a similar situation.

I can use both of the ESPs in the texture pack for a while, but after a few large area transitions (e.g. fast travel in/out of towns) or walking to specific places (e.g. Knifepoint Ridge), textures start glitching and/or it crashes to desktop.

I've backed out, and am just using the landscape texture upgrades (ESP #2), and can run a couple hours before experiencing the same behavior. This is good enough for me.

So I quicksave regularly, and once I start to see textures glitch, I save, and restart, which usually avoids a crash, and then I'm good to go. This way I get to see the much better outdoor textures, which enhances the experience (except for the known bugs where tree stumps in markets and fire logs glow blue).

Last edited:
How much RAM do you have? Personally I wouldn't start pointing fingers at Bethesda if you are trying to install an optional high-res texture pack and are still running Windows XP. :)

4GB ram , but obviously XP 32-bit cannot address that much.

I am not pointing fingers at Bethesda , I just thought there might be some solution. After all there are still people running XP.

Why ?

I honestly dont like Win7 , i use it at work ... and dont see no benefit.

And I have so much stuff installed, I have no time to move everything to Win7...

I guess I will have to do dual boot...but that is also pain in the ass

Good on Bethesda for getting load order sorted.

I saw that description, but I have been using the Beta and as far as I can tell, they still haven't incorporated any way to sort the load order yet.

Is there supposed to be some way to sort the plugin files other than opening up the Data Files menu from the launcher?

Back
Top Bottom