Deus Ex first playthrough

Konjad

Keeper of the Watch
Yesterday I bought Deus Ex and I am going to play it for the first time so I'd like to ask:
Should I just play it as it is or install some mods? Are there mods that improve graphic? Any advice?

I believe there is a mod that updates the textures, although I don't recall the name at the moment, and there also might be more than one.

Don't install any mod that changes *anything* other than graphics. Deux Ex has a formula that you don't want to mess with. ;)

Rithrandil, thank you, I'm using first and third and it looks great.

No problemo! Glad to be of help! I'll have to replay Deus Ex before grad school starts :)

I messed around with it 'vanilla' (as I do everything) a few months back and thought it still looked decent.

Perhaps this question sounds lame but... where can I buy and sell things? Can I do it in UNATCO HQ?

I messed around with it 'vanilla' (as I do everything) a few months back and thought it still looked decent.
Yeah, even without mods this game looks like Unreal Tournament - good enough for me. Although with mods it kinda reminds me of bioshock (bloom and bumpmapping looks very similiar).

Perhaps this question sounds lame but... where can I buy and sell things? Can I do it in UNATCO HQ?.

Sorry, you can't. I know it's hard to believe, I was annoyed as hell when I realized it. When your inventory gets too full you simply have to discard something.

Download it and install into Deus Ex folder, after that play a game from shortcut made on your desktop.

thanks Konjad. will try this soon.

Back
Top Bottom