The Witcher 2 - Released on GOG

Well, I read somewhere else(Qt3 forum) that running the game in a window would get the game started and this time entering the code worked- and just like that I am in!
Got patched, new DLC and free item. PLayed 2 hr and loved it. Game runs great even with my wimpy card

It may not be a console port, but I do have to say it plays quite nicely on video out to a large TV screen. The game is very cinematic looking. Not just the cutscenes either, the actual gameplay portion itself. The native support for gamepad controllers works well too.

How are the fonts? I'm playing on a 37" LCD TV and in TW1, the fonts were sometimes too small to read from a few metres away. I hope this isn't the case with TW2.

The fonts are very small (in those tutorial pop-ups for example), nothing you could read on a TV a few meters away i believe.

Anyone found a place to download the day-1 patch (since the official server is down, cant even register..)?

The fonts are very small (in those tutorial pop-ups for example), nothing you could read on a TV a few meters away i believe.

Bad news for me. Looks like a no-sale. I hate having to get up every time to read text, especially in an RPG where there is a lot of it. Not everybody plays their PC games sat at a stupid desk!

The regular fonts I can read on 1080P but it's a bit a strain. On 720P it's fine. Those pop up tutorial fonts, which pretty much are done after the prologue, are problematic though.

This is on a 55" for what it's worth.

I'm hoping there ends up being a mod or option for larger fonts at some point either officially or unofficially.

What about playing it on 480p ? :) Everything gets scaled up then, including the font size. Might induce some blockiness... Or wait with me for the console port next year ;)

My TV is still 720p, so I guess that makes it as big as your 1080p but with less detail. Yours is bigger as well, so I guess reading that text is gonna be really difficult. :( I could manage in TW1, but only by getting closer to the TV and straining. That's not the way to play a long (presumably 40-50 hour) game. *sigh*

I wish developers were flexible about this sort of thing. I was also not able to play King's Bounty comfortably on this TV set, neither. Maybe it's a UI nightmare to have resizable fonts... but even with a high-resolution monitor, fonts can be difficult to read sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom