Precursors Video...

Man, I really, really tried to look past Boiling Points bugs, and moreso their design decisions and unbelievably terrible vehicle play (I can't bring myself to calling what they have "physics" by any stretch). I loved the idea of what BP could have been, and what they did get right I enjoyed a lot, but after that, I dont have a lot of faith in Precursors...and the video won't load for me (source filter could not be found)

Ah well...

Cheers

I found the v2.0 update for BP quite playable, although I admit I didn't finish it. The factional system wasn't well designed but the game did show promise.

I wouldn't have faith in Precursors but I'll certainly watch it.

Yea did the update and all; you know, the only thing that made any lick of difference was the extra gig of ram (from 1 to 2 gigs) and even then it wasn't huge. The issues I and I assume everyone else had I don't believe can really be addressed. Its not simply adding gas cans or fixing trunks or whatnot, its just the fundamental gameplay that is 'broken', but not necessarily 'bugs'. Thats the problem I have with Precursors. I sincerely believe they'll execute poorly on a potentially great idea. :(

and the video won't load for me (source filter could not be found)

Try this:

http://www.videolan.org/

I agree there were alot of gameplay issues in BP. Weapon choice was mostly cosmetic after they added silent bullets for everything making stealth weapons useless. Skils played almost no role in the game except strength, upgrades didn't really make much difference, AI was... well, not great. They also managed to make exploration in such a huge environment completely pointless as there was almost never anything to find or discover and killing mission givers, even if it was a mission to kill them results in them just respawning.

But, i still enjoyed it. :)

The dialogue/writing was fun and interesting and didn't take itself too seriously. It was probably the best part of the game for me.

Back
Top Bottom