Gothic Gothic 1. chapter 3. spoiler alert!

Labeeb

Watcher
Hi everyone. I'm in chapter 3 most probably. I've completed the orc cemetery quest. I wanted to ask a few questions:
After doing that quest, Cor Angar told me to gather some herbs for Ye Brien [sorry for the spelling]. Since it was dark, I went to sleep instead and left the job for the morning. When I took him the herbs he told me that
Ye brien was dead.
Is this inevitable? or did this happen because I went to sleep :D
Also, I want to become a ranger, but I wasted my skills on two handed weapon. I wanted to know when and where would I find someone who'd teach me about the crossbow and where would I get such a weapon. I have bolts though that I think might be for that cause.
Also, I came across a lot of shadow beast skins in chests from gomez's castle. Can I sell them or would they be helpfull in any quest.
Finally, from whom can I buy more arrows?

AFAIR Yberion's death is inevitable.
There are a couple of crossbow teachers in the new camp I think. Which camp did you join?
Almost every merchant has a couple of bolts and more arrows. Their value remains stable, you can buy them all and use them as money if necessary.
Shadow beast skins can be sold. If somebody wants them for a quest they should respawn when you get the quest.

There is only one Crossbow teacher in the game. He's a Guard in the Old Camp, and unless you are a Guard as well, you can only get the training in Chaper 4, when he moves outside the camp (to where Cavalorn lives, in the small hut on the way to the New Camp).

If I tell you anything else it'll be a spoiler. Good luck!

In that case he will train you later on. His name is Scorpio I think.

yea. I accidently found him when I used the cheat 'go to pos' :) I learned crossbow from him. Unfortunately I couldn't get out of the dilogue box and had to learn both the levels of it but it's ok.

EDIT:
I'm to do deigo's 'seceret meeting' quest and 'find xardas' quest now. I already talked to gorn. Do I have to talk to milton too? I didn't meet him after the banishment from the old camp. And do I have to go to that library of harpies again to find lester?
How do I find xardas?

Last edited:
Milten is at the bridge towards the old camp and Xardas, well, you have to find his tower. You already got the hints like: it's in the middle of the Orc territory. I'd suggest you look over there. Keep in mind that you have to conquer fire, ice and earth. ;) (some golems will be waiting for you on that path and you'll have to defeat them and get sth from them)

Back
Top Bottom