Witcher 3 - News Roundup

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
The next article and video ask the one question on most gamers mind. Just how big is the open world of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt?

Destructoid
How's 100 hours of gameplay for huge? We were told that The Witcher 3's world is 35 times bigger than that of The Witcher 2. In fact, just one of the islands in the world of The Witcher 3 is bigger than the whole world of its predecessor.

In this world you'll find a blend of their main story, sidequests, varied encounters, and vast lands. Main character Geralt will walk, run, jump, climb, and swim through his freely explorable environment, and if that doesn't take him far enough, he can ride horses, take boats and more. There are no artificial barriers — if you can see it, you can go to it.

But a big world is pointless without something to do in it. The developers have spent a lot of time making sure that this world is dotted with enough encounters and points of interest that you'll always have something to do. In a live demonstration, we saw that at any one point there's always at least a few things in the distance you can run up to and interact with.
Next Gamespot interviews Jakub Szamalek to discuss the specifics of the open world of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.

And for last DSO Gaming has news of a possible Witcher adventure game. Oh and I almost forgot dont miss the new screenshots.

More information.

Last edited:
DSO Gaming has news of a possible Witcher adventure game.
Instabuy unless it's a phone game which I'll in that case skip.

Instabuy unless it's a phone game which I'll in that case skip.

Looks like a board game to me. There appears to be a die in the upper left corner of the pic.

If so I'm not interested.

I really hope the combat is something I can get behind this time. Better yet, I hope it's not too hard to mod. Will not be getting this till I have a better idea. Somehow, graphics and gameworld couldn't keep me past Act 2 in W2 without good combat.

"There will be no scalled enemies, so if you bump into them early in the game you will be in troubel"

Music to my ears, the next thing I want to hear is the elimination of QTEs.

"There will be no scalled enemies, so if you bump into them early in the game you will be in troubel"

Music to my ears, the next thing I want to hear is the elimination of QTEs.

I think no (or at least much less) QTE has already been anounced.

This game has some amazing hype going for it. It sounds like a dream rpg, if they can pull it off.

It sure looks like they've tripled their marketing budget. If the production budget has seen a vaguely comparable increase and taking into consideration the fact that they didn't start from zero but already had REDEngine this might turn out as big as they're hyping it to be.

Back
Top Bottom