Fallout 3 - Teaser Soon...

Normally, updates happen at 18:00 CEST.

yeah, I was chillin on the boards last night at like midnight-ish, had it up in the background while I was surfing and doing some other stuff. It was a pretty desperate, rancorous scene there, a new "WHRES THE VIDEO!?" thread every couple minutes. Funny really, I was kinda half-drunk finishing up some beer in my fridge, having a good laugh at some of the histrionics in the threads that persevered.

edit- Oh man, I just checked it again and that "PLEASE STAND BY" is still up, that was driving em crazy. They were thinking it was any minute now, prolly ready to come outta their trees at this point!

Oh boy... Let's hope the game will live up to expectations *crosses fingers*

Last edited:
The slightly screwy RPG (as in tankbuster, not as in game) sight makes sense (kinda), but what's with the Indian brave?

I'm eager to see the teaser too. Too bad it probably won't be anything in engine, but I could be wrong.

The slightly screwy RPG (as in tankbuster, not as in game) sight makes sense (kinda), but what's with the Indian brave?

"Probably the most famous American B&W test pattern is the so-called "Indian Head" monoscope pattern. This pattern was originated by RCA in 1939; it was designed to be generated using a special tube called a monoscope, a CRT which had a metal plate target on which the pattern was printed. The black lines of the pattern would interrupt current flow as the pattern was scanned to provide the desired video output. These tubes could only handle black and white - no shades of grey hence they had to be simulated either with a halftone dot pattern or with patterns of fine lines."
http://www.meldrum.co.uk/mhp/testcard/around_world.html
--

The end of the world occured pretty much as we had predicted:
Too many users, not enough bandwidth.

If you are like me and have been unable to connect, there is a download at FileShack ... only 35 minutes left ...

Supposedly the trailer is in-engine. If so, it's definitely 1st or 3rd person. No gameplay, but then again, it's just a teaser, so I didn't expect much. Definitely has the mood though.

Back
Top Bottom