Grimoire Forever

I know a couple of the websites died because he forgot the password for them. I have occasionally wondered about him going into his shelter and forgetting the code to open the door.

Seems the website is back now, guess he paid up. Still looks the same as it has for the last year though.

Last edited:
Yep, I noticed it was back up myself. Wish Cleve would get in touch with me!! (sigh)

Cleve has updated his site with a new date, July 2009. He has also given an estimate for Corpse Crew (whatever that is), Fall 2009.

Still just the one page, no new screenshots or other info.

That can't be good for either side, eh Shagnak? ;)

Cleve has updated his site with a new date, July 2009. He has also given an estimate for Corpse Crew (whatever that is), Fall 2009.

Still just the one page, no new screenshots or other info.

i think he misspelled the dates, shouldnt it be 3009?
his troll on the rpg community is getting tiresome

The only announcement I want from his site is IT IS DONE

hmmm if he releases it great..it was ready a few years ago.

Funny thing - there is an iPhone 'game' called 'Grimoire', but it is just an RPG info compendium ...

I still think the best release date for Grimoire would be April 1st. With a big press release.

The latest is that he is also working on a game that, and this is a direct quote, "kicks L4D IN THE ASS right now".

Also:
"Work is progressing so rapidly on this game I plan to release it a couple of months after I finish Grimoire."

Damn, sidetracked again.

(Source: http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=30293)

You guys don't get it do you? the game is to pretend the game will be released and you are all playing it :p

Maybe I should send a copy of the beta to Shags so he can convince all those doubting Codexers that it really exists!! :)

Send it to me as well, I need a new game. And obviously the full version will never be released. I actually hold out more hope for Duke Nukem Forever than Grimoire!

There's also a PS2 game called GrimGrimoire. Been meaning to pick it up, but haven't caught it on the bargain rack yet. I have no idea what it is though.

Maybe I should send a copy of the beta to Shags so he can convince all those doubting Codexers that it really exists!! :)
I'm not exactly a big presence over there these days (well, on any forum I guess).

Regardless I'd still love to play it one day, mainly because there is a severe lack of wizardry-style games in recent times.

The latest is that he is also working on a game that, and this is a direct quote, "kicks L4D IN THE ASS right now".

Also:
"Work is progressing so rapidly on this game I plan to release it a couple of months after I finish Grimoire."

Damn, sidetracked again.

(Source: http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=30293)

lol wtf?! what happened to finishing that 1% that was left of grimoire?
and next game to be released a couple of months after grimoire ..a couple of months after hell freezes over then.
seriously, what is this dude's problem? biggest attention whore ever or what? afraid he'll be long forgotten once he releases the game?
he's looking for fans and wants to be a celebrity, not to release computer games.

According to that thread, he's basically slapping together various OS code to do what he wants. I fail to see how that will produce a game that is revolutionary in any way.

I will get my RPG to market long before Grimoire comes out. And I've only done a few lines of code. Whats more, Duke Nukem Forever 2 will be out, before Grimoire comes out.

And 2012 is passe. I saw someone predict 10-10-10 is the end of the world. Because it superficially resembles binary (maybe if it was 10-10-1010, of 1010 1010. Or maybe 1-1-01 , 0101 1001). At least, I guess. The same was said about 9-9-99 too. All that happened was the Dreamcast came out.

And lets not forget 1-1-00 (Y2K before it was changed to 1-1-01 so consulting firms could get more money). I deliberately changed every old computer I could find to 1-1-00 in their BIOS... and got an invalid date error message. Nothing else; one 386 laptop lasted a year after that, until I replaced it.

The world will end when Grimoire comes out. That's my prediction. And no one will care (either about the end of the world, or about Grimoire).

According to that thread, he's basically slapping together various OS code to do what he wants. I fail to see how that will produce a game that is revolutionary in any way.

I will get my RPG to market long before Grimoire comes out. And I've only done a few lines of code. Whats more, Duke Nukem Forever 2 will be out, before Grimoire comes out.

And 2012 is passe. I saw someone predict 10-10-10 is the end of the world. Because it superficially resembles binary (maybe if it was 10-10-1010, of 1010 1010. Or maybe 1-1-01 , 0101 1001). At least, I guess. The same was said about 9-9-99 too. All that happened was the Dreamcast came out.

And lets not forget 1-1-00 (Y2K before it was changed to 1-1-01 so consulting firms could get more money). I deliberately changed every old computer I could find to 1-1-00 in their BIOS... and got an invalid date error message. Nothing else; one 386 laptop lasted a year after that, until I replaced it.

The world will end when Grimoire comes out. That's my prediction. And no one will care (either about the end of the world, or about Grimoire).

And thats too bad, because honestly it's fun.

Back
Top Bottom