Darkest Dungeon - Steam Keys Sent Out

Not having an active save system in a game where combat is determined by dice rolls is not a positive thing for me.

I wouldn't say determined. More like, influenced.
Anyway, it makes for some exciting fights. The way the game is designed, you're supposed to loose people some times. And just make the best of it, and replace them. As I said, you're not tied to a group of people. It's more of a group effort, and some of them will not make it. But that's what makes it exciting. You start leveling up your heroes, and you start being invested in them. And will need to make harsh decisions to pull out of a dungeon, if you see things going badly. Otherwise you'll loose them.

And from what I've played so far, money seems to also be scarce. Supplies in general. Almost everything seems to be a gamble. For example, you have a provisioning phase before entering a dungeon, and you can purchase supplies (torches, since the amount of light also plays a role in how difficult a dungeon is, food, shovels, etc). But after a dungeon run, you loose all these consumable supplies. So you take a chance by bringing along an extra shovel, just in case you stumble upon some rubble that's blocking your path (which you can clear without a shovel, but your party takes some damage and stress).

Back
Top Bottom