Victor Vran - Bounties and Treasure Hunts

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Last week a new update for Victor Vran was made available for the game that is going to be released at the end of the week.

• New shareable items: Bounties and Treasure Hunts
  • New Power Stones: Divinity and Wickedness
  • New Common and Rare variants of the Wildcard
  • New Wicked effect: reduce the duration of negative conditions
  • Added new options to sort items in the inventory
  • Legendary colorization is now visible in character and inventory pictures
  • Special visual effect for Divine and Wicked cards
  • Vigilante's Outfit now grants 10% critical chance
  • Vanguard's Outfit now grants 40 armor penetration
  • Hammer Crush attack gets 100 armor penetration when fully channeled
  • Executioner destiny card made stronger
  • Rebalanced the Devil Destiny Card and Wicked Destiny modifiers
  • Vengeance legendary scythe - special effect made stronger
  • The Cannon legendary card grants Might instead of Brutality
  • Rebalanced final boss fight
  • Bottomless Pit - fixed an issue with respawning in multiplayer
  • More dye drops
  • Better Gift Box rewards from renown levels
  • Well of Worlds boss fight now properly resets on death
  • Wa-Lee drops loot as intended
  • Elite challenges for kills with Brutality now work properly
  • Overdrive Orbs from the Dark Pact legendary scythe grant significantly more overdrive
  • Essence of Plague now scales properly for high level characters
More information.

There's certainly no shortage of recent A-RPGs, but if anyone is looking for a fun, action Hack 'n' Slash RPG, this one fits the bill, especially for the price tag.

I started playing it today (I waited for it to be content complete), and I'm really enjoying my time with it. I already played more of it than Diablo 3, which I simply stopped playing because I was having no fun at all.
The game features the usual Diablo-like gameplay, with a few twists. For example, the character can jump, it has different types of melee and ranged weapons (including guns) that actually feel different, and each has different alternate/special attacks.
Each map has several quests/objectives, optional content/secondary bosses, secrets, so it rewards player exploration.

The game even plays well with a controller. So well, in fact, that I'm actually using one, instead of my usually preferred keyboard + mouse combination.

And a heads-up: those who purchase the game before the full release later this week will get an additional costume for the character.

sounds good. I really enjoy Grim Dawn, so this sounds like another fun arpg coming up.

I was really interested in this until the impression someone posted about the lack of character development and customization

I was really interested in this until the impression someone posted about the lack of character development and customization
Well, it depends on what you call character development and customization. No, you don't spend points on skill points for your character at each level.

Instead, with each level you gain either new abilities or increase your health/damage, and you improve your character by selecting and/or crafting demon powers, tarot cards, and armors. The demon powers are more or less your spells, and there are both offensive, and defensive powers. The cards are essentially passive skills, which range from health/defense/damage boosts, to providing elemental damage, and several other effects. Both can be upgraded, have different levels, and random prefixes/suffixes, like other items, which give them other properties. They can also be used with weapons/armor, to craft items with further abilities.
Armors change the way you gain overdrive, which is the equivalent to mana, which lets you use those demon powers.
There's also dyes, for cosmetic customization of your items.

So, you actually end up improving your character, and changing the way he plays, but you don't do it by assigning skills on a menu.

Back
Top Bottom