Gothic 4 - First Screens

Yo, they also were in the German mag "PC Games".

IMHO, after three Gothics, the forest-and-meadow-look gets boring ...

Yo, they also were in the German mag "PC Games".

After 3 gothics, why another gothic? Have they no imagination? Why don't they build new IPs?

And they complain the PC is dying...

Grotesque is the first word that pops into my mind, not Gothic

SpeedTree forever!

Each and every game has this now, or at least it looks that way. That artwork could stand for lots of games I've seen in the last couple of years.

Those look more like artwork than screenshots.

Of course. They are obviously target renders. Quite normal, nobody releases realistic screenshots when only 10-20% of the game is finished.

For me the Forest shots are most appropriate. One of the strengths of Gothic, when it's working well is the feeling you get when wandering alone in the woods. The ever welcoming sense of danger, adventure, wonder and beauty all wrapped into one area. I have no problem with the quality of the shots at this point in the games development. But as far as Forest regions are concerned it looks like Gothic 4 is on the right track.

I don't understand the connection yet, 10 years after is just weird like Dues Ex 2, but it's better than them trying to do direct continuations as PB is known for with their excellent games.

Maybe were back in the forested worlds of Gothic propping up our feet, having a beer or 20, with some nice roasted mutton. Taking a well deserved rest after completing 3 new games done by PB in the future, for the Undiscovered Country. When something goes horribly horribly, horribly horribly wrong! Que, Wilhelm Scream and add in a little music from the Psycho shower scene. Ok you can do the knife, too!
Or
We see the Bat signal in our strange new Alien world and suddenly we are transported to the land of Brittania!

The Nameless One, If I remember that PC Games article correctly (by the way, PC Games really has seen better days, the mag is rather...shallow).

Or maybe ... A nameless one ... ? ;)

By the way: I cannot see anything wrong with the vegetation. Looks okay for me.

But i must admit that i didn't play graphically demanding games in the past ... Not until my new PC ...

Looks pretty for me. :p

I hope it's not the same nameless one.

All these shots are from the technical demo. They are meant to show the capabilities of their current iteration of the Gothic 3 engine.

Those were in the GameStar magazine, where it was clearly stated that NONE of those places depicted in the fotos will be in the game.

GameStar is not the same quality as it was 5 years ago, but waaay ahead of everything else (well, except for buffed if you are into MMOGs)

GameStar is not the same quality as it was 5 years ago, but waaay ahead of everything else (well, except for buffed if you are into MMOGs)

I argue that the PC Action is far ahead of every other German mag. At least their articles make sense and are funny (and so not pc...oh, and they have this cool cooking show on their DVD)

"They are meant to show the capabilities of their current iteration of the Gothic 3 engine."

You're right that it is a technical demo, but that isn't their iteration of the G3 engine. G3 used Genome, Gothic 4 is running on Trinigy.
All of those shots, except for the first image with the logo, are in-game.

"I hope it's not the same nameless one."

It is the same character, carries on from G3, hence the new expansion pack to bridge the two games. Supporting characters will be returning also.

Blurry and washed out screenies don't seem to do much for me. On the other hand, now I know where my old 64k video board and washed out RGB monitor ended up.

Back
Top Bottom