The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Sounds like fun. :)

Besides, there's not much needed until I reach level 4 … I'm a little bit surprised how long this needs to reach a new level … But yes, I haven't played D&D for quite a while so I've forgotten how long this might take …

Yesterday I opened the Adventure Compendium to see which quests were still available for me as a low-lovel character. I completed one of them last night, and will do the other left level-2-quest this night or the next one.

What I plan to try as well is revisiting Korthos Island and do one of the really early quests with a higher difficulty, just to try out how they play, then.

The Mabar event is gone by ow (that was to be expected), and the graveyard looked a little bit rather dull without the colourful pumpkins. ;)

Haven't been in the Crafting Hall again so far - and yesterday I noticed something odd : The House Jorasco seemed to be empty - I entered the house, but there were no people inside of it !

I visited it because I did a tiny "the mark of the dragon" quest to find out more about my character's future ;) - and I was pointed towards a mind-flyer (really ???) named Fred (such a simple name ???) who was supposed to reside within House Jorasco ?

I was a little bit confused because I couldn't find out more about him.
I guess Ill check the Wiki if there's any notice of him.

Another "oddity" I found is that exactly in the middle of the giant tent-like Marketplace (in the Marketplace district) there is a memorial which one can click on and seemingly enter it … I refrained from doing so so far.

Besides, what does the yellow colour in the chat window mean ? Is this a special colour restricted to a certain kind of participants ? GMs , for example ?

And - how do I arrange those fast-access bars ? I haven't figured it out yet.
And last : Is there a way to enlarge the chat window ?

Last edited:
So, now, after finishing the Crafting Tutorial, I finally gained enough experience points to get to level 4 ! Yay ! :)
I'm still confused, though : The process is overly complex for my taste. Has anyone a flowchart for me ? ;)

What I also didn't quite understand is how to assemble weapons with "tiny guild enhancement slots" or how they are named. I found out that in ... well, that dwarven enclave ;) (I have a notoriously bad memory for names !) there are "guild merchants", but I haven't figures out what's their different to normal merchants ?
And I have found that they sell for example tiny crystals ... But I haven't figured out how to assemble them ? The description says I must go to a certain place ... Forgot the name of it, of course ... :lol:

House Jorasco is still empty.

I was disappointed that I could only ready ONE SINGLE spell for my ranger ... I had hoped it would be at least two ... But I took "resist energy" anyway, it's the best shield against those goblin ? shamans and throwers I hope ...

Edit : Besides, I found out what the chat colours mean : They're listed in the main menu options ...

I wouldn't enter the memorial until you are well and ready; that leads to the Subterrea, which is a difficult area meant for full raid groups of 12 level 18-20 people.

XP to level is considerably higher in DDO than in 3.5e, but then you also get ranks, which gives a constant progression throughout each level.

You can drag your hotbars around to wherever you see fit, just hover the mouse cursor over the bar and when it turns into a cross, click and drag. There's a tiny arrow on the left side that you can undock bars with, so you can have more than one up. I typically have 8-16 on my screen at all times. Undocked bars have another, curved, arrow that can turn it from horizontal to vertical.

Just drag items, spells, enhancements, or feats to the hotbar slots to set them up.

Hm, okay, because when I tried to drag my bar, it just didn't want to move.
I'll be investigating what I did wrong.

It's pretty fussy about what spots will give you the cross pointer. You'll just have to play around with it a bit to find the right pixel. ;)

Yay ! Pixel Hunting ! :lol:

Okay, I finished the "The Harbormasters Favour" quest today. Was für ein Krampf ! I'm done with it now !

That said, I'm doing a small break from it, unless you want to do the above mentioned raid.
I think I'll have a break from for at least the next 2 days.

In the end I could say, on the other hand, that the bounty (?) for finishing the quest was the most interesting one I've had so far. Especially the choices the guard who was looking for his relatives gave me.

In the end, I took an "acrobat's ring", because that's what I'm focusing right now apart from anything bow-related, and from the harbormaster himself I took a "+2 Docent" or how this thing for warforged ones is called (it looks like C-3PO's "navel"), because I had no use for the other items (didn't quite fit into my agenda). I put this thing into the guild's chest - and I left the other one I had put a few days ago there, too. If you have no use for it, either just sell it or give me an in-game notice so that I can sell these things myself.

I failed while using the "resist energy" spell because I had erroneousl thought it would help my character resist from ALL kinds of energies ... When I really, *really* needed it within the midst of a firce battle, I was presented more than 5 choices !!! WTF ??? I thought - and my character almost died. (I think he died not much later, but I'm not sure about that anymore.)

Some spells give you a list of things instead of casting immediately. You can drag each option, like in Resist Energy, to your hotbar for immediate access.

Resist lasts 1min/caster level, so you should cast what you need before hand, not during battles.

Yes, I do know that now. :lol:
Typical newbie's mistakes. ;)

Is it worth to buy additional inventory space via the DDO shop ?

Plus, is it worth to buy additional "Adventure Packs" ?

I still have those ca. 1000 points which I got at the Games Com.

Last edited:
Is it worth to buy additional inventory space via the DDO shop ?
No. Get extra packs by doing quests for Coin Lord favor.

Plus, is it worth to buy additional "Adventure Packs" ?
Yes. Be choosy about which ones you buy, as some are extremely worthwhile and others are pretty much crap. Good packs for lower level toons are Sharn Syndicate and Tangleroot (good XP, decent loot, good favor). Many recommend Phiarlan Carnival, but I don't have that one. I enjoy Catacombs quite a bit, but I think I'm in the minority on that one.

Last edited:
Dte is right in his recommends. Carnival Pack is fun, but not the high end on xp and the loot is available in other quests. Sharn and Tangleroot are great. If your not high enough for them just wait and watch for a sale. They put bundles of things on sale pretty regularly in the store.

My paladin helped CM's fighter Kerriabaka get a tier 2 greensteel greatsword. We did it from her very first Shroud run. When people heard it was her first run they gave her shards and ingredients from the run. CM and I had created the blank beforehand and I gave her some small and medium ingredients. So we just needed the shards.

Using the Shroud crafting planner makes this fun and easy. Now Kerriabaka must run Vale quests for her new signet stone and hp goggles.

I think getting flagged for Shroud gives us a chance to craft really nice items so we should think about that. Azraelck and I already have tier 2 in many GS items and can help with small and medium ingredients collecting from our Shroud runs

We could help Dteowner with ingredients for Botdu and Wouldii. Even Phuury could benefit from getting a GS weapon before TR'ing. We can help Jm too with Sherrille, Mariannelle and Brialle. We could even help Corwin's Reywindd and Corwindd, but it means he must be willing to run the Shroud.

Ingredients can be traded, but shards of power must be acquired from the Shroud. They bind to character.

I think our guild toons benefit a lot from getting GS items. It means we can do the high level quests without dying. We can join raids etc.

High level raid pug's are actually very organized so I propose we try to organize Shroud runs on Friday with guild members and pug for the rest slots. That would give Corwin a chance to get the shards and we can trade in the chests to other guildies and not have to roll for shards.

Cm can tell you about all the fun having a powerful GS weapon for Kerriabaka. :) All of you in the guild getting flagged for the Shroud should get the benefit of getting greensteel items too. One reason for being in a guild is that we can help one another for the ingredients farming. This is similar to what we did for the Sora Kell set, Mire set etc.

Download DDO Game Guide v3.6.0 here:
http://www.inferussus.com/gameguide/Crafting3.6.0.zip

When you run the program it will ask for upgrade to v3.6.1.

This program contains many things like:
* Crafting planner (Shroud, Cannith, Lordsmarch, Dragontouched, Epic etc.
* Raid timer checker
* Named loot info
* Raid descriptions with hints and maps
* Quest descriptions with hints and maps
* Puzzle solvers for all quests and raids
* Maps for all areas

Here are some examples of nice items you can craft with Shroud ingredients.

Spellpoint GS goggles / bracers / belt or whatever item you want to wear:
Tier 1: Wizardry VI (150 SP (double for favored soul and sorcerer), +1 wis skill
Tier 2: +50 sp, +2 wis skills, summon dense stone earth elemental 2/day
Tier 3: +100 sp, +3 wis skills, earthgrab guards (enemies hitting you can be earthgrabbed)

That item would be excellent for Botdu and Reywindd. You can swap out + to wis skills with + to any other skill, but then the side benefits are different. If you go for cha you can get raise dead 1/day and disruption guard vs undead and so on. You just pick what you prefer in the planner.

Hitpoint GS goggles / bracers / gloves / belt or whatever you can wear:
Tier 1: +10 hp, +1 con skills
Tier 2: +15 hp, +2 con skills, stoneskin 2/day
Tier 3: +20 hp, +3 con skills heavy fortification, +5 protection

That item is great for all character types. You get a stoneskin clickie, heavy fort, +45 hp and +5 protection in addition to +6 con skills (useful for casters and monks because it's used for concentration)

Spellpoint skills GS belt or whatver
Tier 1: Wizardry VI (+150 sp), +1 cha skills
Tier 2: +50sp, +2 cha skills, raise dead 1/day
Tier 3: +100sp, +3 cha kills, greater disruption guard

I have tier 2 of this item for my paladin already. At tier 3 he will have +300 sp, +6 cha skills (very good for use magic device), raise dead 1/day and disruptiong guard. That will make my paladin even more powerful. Getting extra spellpoints means he can buff himself and others more easily and even become an after battle healer to preserve sp for the cleric and favored soul.

Here are the examples my paladin is crafting for weapons:
Mineral II GS Khopesh.
Blank: 1d10 base damage instead of 1d8
Tier 1: holy (+2d6 vs evil)
Tier 2: acid burst (1d6 acid and 3d6 extra on a critical), stoneskin 2/day
Tier 3: +2 constitution (exceptional), Metalline, keen, slicing (1d4 extra damage), +8 hardness and +80 durability

Since this weapon has both metalline and good (holy) it means it can bypass the DR or almost all the bosses. So it's an excellent all round weapon. It will do great damage against most monsters. Some like Maruts will be better off fighting with anarchic weapons.

You even get +2 to your constitution stat and that's 20 hp at level 20

Lightning II GS Khopesh
Blank: 1d10 base damage instead of 1d8
Tier 1: holy (+2d6 vs evil)
Tier 2: shocking burst (1d6 acid and 3d6 extra on a critical), chain lightning 3/day
Tier 3: +2 charisma (exceptional), Lightning strike (1-2% chance for 600 extra damage)
+2 to the charisma stat is also well worth taking.

So getting greensteel items will make your character much more powerful and the good thing is that the item is about 11 so if you TR you can use the items in lower level quests and really excel there. Doing those quests on elite should be no problem.

So I hope as many of you as possible take the opportunity to be flagged for the Shroud and actually run the quest to get the ingredients and shards of power.

The downside, yes there is a downside, is that you need to do the Shroud quite a bit of times to get the ingredients needed for especially tier 3 upgrade to your item. So you will get soon get familiar with the raid.

Here is a synopsis of what to expect inside the Shroud.

The Shroud consists of 5 parts. At the end of each part you will get a rest and resurrection shrine plus 2 chests which contain loot, shards of power and ingredients.

Very important: Do NOT hit any of the altars in any part. If you do you trigger the next part and if you do it prematurely then other PC's haven't rested, looted etc. That is the #1 mistake newbies do so I mention it upfront. The raid leader will hit the altars when the group is ready.

Part 1: Gauntlet
You need to stop the invasion from Shavarath by destroying 14 portals that spawn
Casters deal with the portal keepers (implosing, wail of the Banshee etc.) while the fighters hit the portals (smiting and construct bane weapons is best. Otherwise good or holy).

Part 1 is actually very easy and a nice introduction to the raid. The threat from the portal keepers is little.

End reward is 2 chests. One can contain shard of power and both can contain small crafting ingredients. Altar of invasion is here too (can craft tier 1 upgrade)

Part 2: PacMan
PC's spawn in the 4 corners of a maze 4 Shararath bosses spawn in the center of the maze near a crystal and these need to be killed at the same time and crystal destroyed before the boss dead bodies get back to the crystal to respawn.

The trick here is to separate the bosses and prep (bring them down to 10% hp) them before you kill them all at nearly the same time. Boss mobs behave differently and you need to alter the strategy to which ones you pull
1: Bearded devil, Orthon or Lion
2: Fire elemental or Earth elemental
3: Gnoll or Troll
4: Troglodyte, Kobold or Orc

The raid leader will tell what to do. An often used strategy is to first meet up in the south center and kill all trash mobs there. It's a big no-no to move into the center because that starts the chase so PC's move along the edge to the south center and gather there. A good advise is to just follow the others who spawn in the same corner as you.

After the trash is killed then one PC is given the task to go to the center to start pulling the bosses and tell who they are. Then the elemental is pulled to the southeast and the other 3 to the northeast. The point is to get some distance between the kill area and the center so the monsters spend more time to move back in dead mode to the center to respawn. When all monsters are out of the center a caster is sent to the center to keep the crystal firewalled or whatever. Part 2 is a bit more tricky, but not too hard. The worst that can happen is that a boss is killed prematurely and you need to let the bosses respawn to full strength before you try again.

End reward is 2 chests. One can contain shard of power and both can contain small crafting ingredients.

Last edited:
Part 3: Frogger
You will be teleported to 1 of 12 rooms with puzzles. The good news about part 3 is that there is no fights in here. All you will meet is the Sharavath blades moving on the circular hall linking up the puzzle rooms.

In order to exit your room you need to solve the puzzle. The puzzle consists of tiles in a pattern (3x3, 4x4, 5x5 or circular). You need to light all tiles. If you jump on a tile you invert the tile and all adjacent tiles. So the trick is to see the pattern to get all lit. 3x3 and circular is rather easy. You can use the Shroud puzzle solver to get these done. Usually you need from 2-4 jumps to solve them. 4x4 is not too tough either if you have the solver. You need about 3-7 jumps. 5x5 is the hard one and you need maybe 10-13 jumps.

So my advise is to load the shroud puzzle solver and try for yourself to learn how to edit it to match what you see and then click solve to see where you need to jump. If you get a 4x4 or 5x5 puzzle you could type that you need help with 4x4, north 5x5 or southeasth 5x5. Then others will unlock the door and get to you to solve it for you. You can even ask for help for the 3x3 or circular if you like. Whatever you do you have to know it's better to ask for help than trying to solve the puzzle without having a clue what you need to do.

The reason is what's called the dreaded wall. After a fixed amount of time a wall starts 9 o'clock and move clockwise. Everyone caught by the wall is killed. There is a safe room in the south center (6 o'clock) to stay while the wall passes in the south. Once the wall has done one complete circle it will spawn again, but this time as 2 walls. So you need to solve the puzzles within a few minutes.

What do you do when you're out of the puzzle room? We need to purify each puzzle room with water from the safe area in the south center. This area must be opened by destroying the crystals about the entrance to it. Then you move to the head at the top to gather holy water and run to a similar head in each puzzle room. and click on the head. That purifies the room.

Very important: Do NOT put purified water on a head in a room with an unsolved puzzle.

The reason we purify the puzzle rooms is because once we have purified all 12 then 2 bonus chests will spawn in the water below big head in the safe room. One of these chests can contain greater shards of power and both can contain medium ingredients.

End reward from the 2 final chests at the altar and rest shrine is greater shards of power and medium ingredients. An altar of subjugation is here (tier 2 crafting).

Near the part 3 end portal you will also see a vendor who sells depleted energy cells you can charge with putting in depleted cells with weapons in one of the 3 altars. High energy cells require +8 weapons or better (look in upper right corner of item description). Medium cells require +6 and Low cells require +4.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom