Torchlight 2 Builds

I have 32 level dual wielding berserker on elite difficulty.His primary stat is dex for critic and vitality for high hp.His is build around blood hunter passive skill(5+0.5% per level of skill health restored on critical hit).I use executioner passive + %chance of execution stats to enter berserk(every attack is critical for duration) faster.Currently I have fast attacking weapon and 100% chance of execution which gives good damage boost but it allows me to enter berserk state in 3-4 sec and even when I am not in berserk I have good critical chance because of high dex so basically I restore my health faster than my enemies can bring it down,I also use eviscerate skill and red wolf passive for groups of enemies,Howl to soften up though targets and I have 1 point in wolf strike to quickly get in and out combat,I also add 10 mana per hit gem in one of my weapons because of my high attack speed that is more than enough to solve my mana problems.

Level 31 Engineer, using mostly the spiderbots and passive abilities so far. Playing on elite setting, and having very few problems with this class. Others may dps more but the engineer seems very solid at taking down enemies and keeping himself alive, I haven't died once yet. Using and understanding the summonings that you can do would be key to making this class work, imo.

-Carn

How the hell are you guys at level 30+ already? :)

Also, why is everyone playing on Elite in their first run? Is the game really that easy?

Level 16 Embermage. Spent 60 out of 80 stat points on focus. ( out of remaining 20, 5 on str and 15 on vit. ) I think the big problem with Ebermage is that its magma spear ( which is a continuous burst of fireball ) is way too powerful. I hardly needed to use any other skills and even if I did, it was for the sake of variety, not because Magma spear couldn't do the work itself.

Is the game really that easy?
Easiness of the game comes from various things.
First, generous health potions. Weakest potion restores 900 HP. My level 16 character has 1180 HP. Means that weakest health potion ( which is really cheap too. ) will still do the work for a while . Every time things get a little bit rough, I just need to press the "1" key and my character is back in the business.
Second, enemies that might be any kind of danger ( like mini-bosses and bosses) are usually slow compared to the player's speed and they're easy to dodge.
Third, items that require high levels can also be used if you have the right stats. For example, I'm using a level 20 staff because of my high focus. Means that I'm using an equipment higher than my level which makes me kinda overpowered for monsters which are mostly scaled to my level.
Also there are various other reasons like low price for resurrection after dying ( Even if you choose the resurrect in town option, you can get back wherever you were pretty quick ) , strong pets, overpowered skills. Overall, it's easy, but not boring kind of easy, rather fun and relaxing kind.

Last edited:
Embermage, 4:1 focus:vit, only 3 skillpoints spent total on prismatic bolts, teleport and pillar of fire.

The seeking nature of the spells allows you to keep your pointer where you want to teleport to for hassle free kiting.

Cute game. :)

Haven't tried the gun bot, but the spider bots are just decimating every mob in sight. I let them lead the charge, then I walk in with my mop and clean up whatever is left!

-Carn

After making a little testing looks like Runic must nerf Outlander's glaive throw , at any level , at any difficulty it one shoots anything that isn't a boss ( bosses take like 5 shots) , gear doesn't matter !
For those who have plaid Sacred 2 , do you remember Shadow Warrior with Skythe sweep when using a bow ? ( you use to find dead people 3 screens down the road) this is even worst .

rapid fire and glaive throw
That´s pretty much what I´ve started and finished the game with.
I´ve played a pistol dual wielding outlander on veteran, put most points in dexterity, then focus, then vitality, then strength.
Along with rapid fire and glaive throw I was also upgrading long range mastery and akimbo whenever I could. Besides few points in dodge mastery, a point in rune vault ("1 point wonder") and mana-steal-on-hit gems on my pistols that was really all I needed.
I invested more points in some other skills as well (sandstorm, stone pact, repulsion hex), but these turned out to be redundant.

Maybe it´s a consequence of me not really thinking the build possibilities through, but my impression is that, at least when it comes to the outlander class, the skills rather suck. Barely any skills available at later levels were enticing enough for me to look forward to unlocking them and when I finally invested in some of these I was usually disappointed. I´ve finished the game at L54 and, due to the gating system in place, the payoff for investing into the higher level skills would likely come too late, if ever. One active skill I´ve invested more into, sandstorm, certainly had nothing on glaive throw.

As for the game as a whole, I´d say it has a very good itemization (except for the "uniques" which I felt weren´t unique enough), good combat presentation (fluid, flashy, etc) and quite solid attribute/skill system, but mediocre skills (both in terms of balance and "fun", by fun I mainly mean player being encouraged to utilize bigger portfolio of´em), is too long for its own good (I´d prefer they´d cut out the second act altogether and fleshed out the others more instead) and has hilariously half-assed story and lore elements, even for the subgenre (not that I think the subgenre is an excuse to have an uninteresting gameworld and story).
A net result was a quite fun diversion overall, but not memorably so, though I´m saying that as someone who isn´t really a fan of the subgenre in the first place.
Maybe my opinion on the skill aspect will improve when (and if) I try an engineer or an embermage.
Anyway, this is not really an impressions thread, sorry :).

Last edited:
Gun Bot dmg seems really low. Mine is level 5 and just does 72-96 dmg o_O

Also, it says +20% to all dmg. What dmg? My dmg? I don't get it o_O Why do people keep saying that the skill is OP?

Some skills are crap until higher level if not highest level. That's the conclusion I got by reading game forum ans asking some questions. Gun Bot is among them.

Back
Top Bottom