Can someone identify which Warlords: Battlecry game this is from?

D

Deleted User

I'm not sure which game it was, but I created an undead skeleton, IIRC, and led hordes of monsters. You were able to play single-player skirmishes in which you could find loot and level up your character. I specifically remember a vampirism skill I had on my character, and his attack speed was very high. He would attack super fast and siphon health with each hit. I was playing "hardcore" mode where you lost your character forever if you died.

Side note, but I finally did lose my character in a multiplayer game with my uncle. I used to crush him every battle with my hero, but somehow he got me and I lost my character and never played again.

Any ideas which game this is?

Edit - I believe there was a demon race you could choose as well, and they had special, powerful units called Reavers (or possibly Reapers). And I believe my character was an undead necromancer, but I can't be certain. I recall being able to lead an army of undead monsters as my minions.

I'm not 100% sure but I'd guess 3. I know they added new races and Reavers are absolutely a unit in that game, but I'm not sure if it was their first appearance.

Edit: So after checking it seems it's either WB 2 or 3. If you remember being able to build Skelly Cavalry it's 3 as they weren't buildable in 2. Deamons also make an appearance in 2.

Last edited:
Thanks, greywolf. I posted over on GOG forums so maybe they can better help me.

All I know is, the game I played was phenomenal. I hope to pick it up for my GOG collection in the future and re-play it sometime.

All the Battlecry games are kinda similar, though they have different campaigns and the later ones have more races, so you might as well get the whole lot on a good sale and play through them all, if you're interested in the campaigns, or just the 3rd one if you want to play it in skirmish or multiplayer.

I will eventually check them all out. Someone told me it sounds like my game is Warlords: Battlecry 2, because of the ability to raise attack speed by raising the Speed stat.

Back
Top Bottom